Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190418-white-lightning-arrested-backwater-jacks-db.html)

travis reed 07-09-2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 2617252)
HUH?????????????

First of all, I used courtesy, respect, and honesty to not get a ticket. The boat was brand new to me and I was 3db over, not 30db over. The topic of me being a cop didn't come up until after I had already gotten my warning ticket. All the stuff on here about using my position to get out of the ticket was joking among friends.

I may have said WL was not tuned all that great, referring to when you first got it. That was not meant as a personal attack and should not be taken that way. You even posted yourself that you had to do a lot of work to get it running right on a shoestring budget. Actually, I commend you for all the hard work you have done. I have seen you and your boat several times over the past few years, but haven't seen it yet this year. I don't think I have made negative comments about your boat. The only thing I have said is that it was the loudest boat I have ever heard and was louder than I would like to have it.

I'm assuming you did a 4/7 swap, but I have no idea. I have read right here on OSO that you added some HP. I hadn't heard any specifics though.

BTW, not once did I talk/type to you or about you in any disrespectful or smart a$$ way, unlike your post.

I used the same integrity as you,probably explains why I did not even get a written warning, helped that I was drinking good ol ice tea as well,and that i'm boater safety certified. One of the girls pissed him off though.

As for the answer you are correct,good job. Brad Smith and I are applying some great things,if I elaborate some will say impossible no way so I will stay quiet as usual. Have a great day............Love your boat by the way seriously!

travis reed 07-09-2008 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2617245)
now wheres the pics of the hotties Reed?????????????????? :drink:

I can do better than that for The MASHER!!!!!! SHOOTOUT I'm having a CAT HUNTIN PARTY TITLED THE CATCH and RELEASE PROGRAM. Have several caught and more will surface,all will be released on That Sunday after everything is cleaned up!
you know i'm serious.....it will be all chicks and mabey I will let in a few dicks yes this means you Masher.........

Thanks for the invite last wkend should have loaded WL up and brought the girls to Grand,they wanted to go actually!!!!!!!
Hope all is well!

Tuna 07-09-2008 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by stillboatin (Post 2615014)
Hey i heard that the captin of the whitelightning boat was arrested at backwater jacks this weekend while trying to treat 5 hot ladies to diner. Seems that this whole db law is getting way out of hand. with all the the things that happen at loto you would think that the waterpatrol could find something better to do than hate on a man that is just doin a little " CAT HUNTIN" Numerous people have wrecks and even die on that lake every year, you would think that our tax dollars could do a little better job with their time. Seriously you cant hardly keep a wave runner under the db level. All the revenue that place collects from all the hard core boater should be a little more productive than trying to run people off ! :hitfan:

I know this is not John from NYC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Griff 07-09-2008 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by travis reed (Post 2617306)
I used the same integrity as you,probably explains why I did not even get a written warning, helped that I was drinking good ol ice tea as well,and that i'm boater safety certified. One of the girls pissed him off though.

As for the answer you are correct,good job. Brad Smith and I are applying some great things,if I elaborate some will say impossible no way so I will stay quiet as usual. Have a great day............Love your boat by the way seriously!

Thanks for the compliment on my boat. It fits our needs really well. Big enough for LOTO and still trailerable. Heck, it might be louder than your boat is now:D It has dry CMI's that dump water just before the mufflers clamp on.

You gonna be around LOTO this weekend??? I'll be down for the MWBP Poker Run. I know a lot of MWBP people rubbed you the wrong way and it actually appears that I might have done the same, but not on purpose. I've always thought your boat was a bad a$$ ride. Stopping buy at Dog Days and intoducing yourself might change some peoples unwarranted opinions. I'll buy ya an iced tea:ernaehrung004:

VetteLT193 07-09-2008 01:34 PM

The biggest problem with noise laws is they will only get worse. Noise is relative. Around my boating area, my single engine 350 with stock Merc exhaust (through transom, above water) is considered LOUD. That's because there aren't bigger boats around that are much louder.

so, as people put muffling devices on and things quiet down, the next complaint will be the loud muffled boats... they will need bigger mufflers... this will go on until we can only run perfectly quiet electric motors.

masher44 07-09-2008 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by travis reed (Post 2617342)
I can do better than that for The MASHER!!!!!! SHOOTOUT I'm having a CAT HUNTIN PARTY TITLED THE CATCH and RELEASE PROGRAM. Have several caught and more will surface,all will be released on That Sunday after everything is cleaned up!
you know i'm serious.....it will be all chicks and mabey I will let in a few dicks yes this means you Masher.........

Thanks for the invite last wkend should have loaded WL up and brought the girls to Grand,they wanted to go actually!!!!!!!
Hope all is well!

Anytime! My bar is ALWAYS open for you! We had a nice pre-weekend party! Count me in for your new program in August! I will use barbless hooks..... :evilb:

travis reed 07-09-2008 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 2617384)
Anytime! My bar is ALWAYS open for you! We had a nice pre-weekend party! Count me in for your new program in August! I will use barbless hooks..... :evilb:

Perfect ALL my girls will be uncapped in short dresses including WL bring the PARTY!

WARPARTY36 07-09-2008 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by travis reed (Post 2617404)
Perfect ALL my girls will be uncapped in short dresses including WL bring the PARTY!

Masher, I think he said bring WARPARTY:ernaehrung004:

masher44 07-09-2008 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 2617445)
Masher, I think he said bring WARPARTY:ernaehrung004:

LOTO is a boys outing..... could get ugly! :eek::ernaehrung004:

Brian Smith 07-09-2008 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by cullen_11 (Post 2616123)
I think some of this has to be because of decreased traffic on LOTO this year. Less boats/situations for the WP to deal with so the odds of you getting stopped are greater. Have seen White Lightening nearly every weekend I am there and it is LOUD, but in my opinion is it sounds incredible!! I always wondered though how this boat didn't get stopped every weekend (maybe he does) when I hear stories of WP telling some visiting offshore boat owners to take there boats back to their trailers. Before it was cleared up that he was not arrested I was assuming that it was a high number of warnings/tickets led the WP to confront him...

WL is LOUD and sounds incredible...I agree. However, I know Travis has been quite the "Cat" when it comes to trouble with WP. Even with his LOUD azz boat, he seems to always be Catty enough not be a non-event for the WP :evilb:

I think you're right though...less traffic breeds more trouble for those with BAD AZZ toys. So keep the mufflers handy while CAT HUNTIN!!!