Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB? >

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Notices

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Old 07-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

It amazes me, that a story can be so distorted here on OSO.
ps: That boat sounds killer!!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stillboatin
Hey i heard that the captin of the whitelightning boat was arrested at backwater jacks this weekend while trying to treat 5 hot ladies to diner. Seems that this whole db law is getting way out of hand. with all the the things that happen at loto you would think that the waterpatrol could find something better to do than hate on a man that is just doin a little " CAT HUNTIN" Numerous people have wrecks and even die on that lake every year, you would think that our tax dollars could do a little better job with their time. Seriously you cant hardly keep a wave runner under the db level. All the revenue that place collects from all the hard core boater should be a little more productive than trying to run people off !
No, Negative, Travis did not get arrested. He got just a warning. He put muffler tips and quieted down alot, He no longer has the Mercury 1,000's for power, much more now, I have not heard of any other noise violations this year at LOTO. and yes he did have at least 5 girls on his boat.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Good to hear he didn't have any problems with the WP. I also heard he has some more HP, but haven't heard any specifics.

For the record, you can quiet down 2000+ HP. A friend had 1200+ a side and he was quieter than my 502mpi's at idle. Also Dave Scott even has turn downs on one of the Bud Select boats to keep it quiet.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's a guy in Michigan that has developed mufflers for diesel trucks that MAKE more horsepower! He is now working on a marine version and plans to offer it to Brunswick Corp. when it is ready. Stay tuned!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Frequency
Come with me to the REAL WORLD gentlemen. Where Joe Successful has worked his ass off for thirty years, made his fortune and is trying to impress his other old-ass upper class friends at his multimillion dollar home on the coolest lake in the midwest. Think he might be a little pissed when he can't hold a conversation because of some jerk reving his open exhaust in the cove?

Besides money, what else does Joe have? Connections. The kind of connections that get laws passed. Like I said, it's the real world.......
I'm in the real world, last time a checked a motorcycle can still roar through downtown. I'm jo blo with the lakehouse. Nothing better than waking up to the sound of big blocks. Never had a guest that didn't feel the same. The neighbor's lawmower is what pisses me off. Can we bring him into the REAL WORLD too. Had gunslinger fly by me last weekend at 100+, could not hear a thing. Personally I think a go-fast that is quiet is potentially more dangerous to other boaters because they can't hear him coming.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Personal liberty give me a break, are you saying that it is your personal liberty to do what ever the heck you want just cause it makes you happy. What about the personal liberty of all the people living and boating on the lake, I bet there are 1,000 people that hate the noise to every one person that does not mind the noise. All it takes is one really loud boat to pizz off a a lot of people.
Your joking right?

Buying a house on that lake and b*tching about noise would be like buying a house next to the railroad tracks and complaining everytime the California Zephyr rolls through at 2 am.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Registered

Thanks Ed for clearing that up for me, never the less I think the db laws are kinda crazy. Not that i dont ever believe in them but i have been on the boat on a saturday afternoon at idle going under grand glaze bridge and Mr. Reed was pulled over for a db test. Dont think uping to db rating a little would hurt anyone or even giving a time where you need to keep it quiet. If you are keeping people from sleeping, all for it. If they are just old and bit@hy, let them wine. Hope this all gets cleared up and everyone can have a good summer and stay out of trouble.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by baja27
It amazes me, that a story can be so distorted here on OSO.
ps: That boat sounds killer!!
I wasnt trying to destort, my headline had a question mark afterwards, just what i heard and was tryin to get the real story. Thank you ed cozi
Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by stillboatin
I wasnt trying to destort, my headline had a question mark afterwards, just what i heard and was tryin to get the real story. Thank you ed cozi
Now that you know the story the thread should be deleted by you or the moderators.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
...Nothing better than waking up to the sound of big blocks...
Couldn't agree more. When ever we go to LOTO I run to the window every time I hear a boat coming. All I'm saying is that noise is becoming an issue and we need to deal with it. We can whine that it's not fair/un-American/fuddy-duddy all we want.

Travis is in the clear - I vote we leave this thread up. A lot of good viewpoints shared here.

Quick Reply: WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.