Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB? >

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Notices

WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Old 07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I saw White Lightning hammering the Grand Glaize Arm near PB2 on Friday and I was surprised at how quiet it seemed. I expected it to be much louder.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Good to hear he didn't have any problems with the WP. I also heard he has some more HP, but haven't heard any specifics.

For the record, you can quiet down 2000+ HP. A friend had 1200+ a side and he was quieter than my 502mpi's at idle. Also Dave Scott even has turn downs on one of the Bud Select boats to keep it quiet.
Since your so smart and use your uniform/badge to get out of your noise tickets,and made the comment WL is not tuned all that great.(remember you posted it,awhile back among other negative comments) Here is a ? We do not fire like a standard V8,so what is our firing order? Have a good day officer friendly!
Old 07-09-2008, 10:37 AM
Registered

Travis

I love the sound of your boat. I hope you are not forced to tone it down. I would think WP would have better things to worry about.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by travis reed
Since your so smart and use your uniform/badge to get out of your noise tickets,and made the comment WL is not tuned all that great.(remember you posted it,awhile back among other negative comments) Here is a ? We do not fire like a standard V8,so what is our firing order? Have a good day officer friendly!
Travis,

I don't know that Griff was being all that negative. He was just relaying information that many of us already new. I think he, like most of us appreciate the hard work you have put into your boat. No need to beat up on Griff (not that he can't take care of himself )
Old 07-09-2008, 10:41 AM
Steve_H

someone must have said Apache

Old 07-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Anyone got any pictures of White Lightning? Im just curious to see the boat, sounds badass.

Im also the kind of guy that would run to the window to check out what kind of boat is haulin @SS past............
Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Frequency
Travis,

I don't know that Griff was being all that negative. He was just relaying information that many of us already new. I think he, like most of us appreciate the hard work you have put into your boat. No need to beat up on Griff (not that he can't take care of himself )
Thanks, just poking on him a little,in some past threads he has made some negative comments about WL which he is welcome to do.

I'm not sure I understand the turndown issue,since we could here the Bacardi boat over the live Band. He was in the channel and we were clear at the back of the cove,boy did she sound sweet (lasted about 10 seconds)over all the band and party noise,so at idle it just masks it,cause the complaint was for going down the lake not idleing! I always idle on one motor in my cove.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

now wheres the pics of the hotties Reed??????????????????
Old 07-09-2008, 11:55 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by travis reed

HUH?????????????

First of all, I used courtesy, respect, and honesty to not get a ticket. The boat was brand new to me and I was 3db over, not 30db over. The topic of me being a cop didn't come up until after I had already gotten my warning ticket. All the stuff on here about using my position to get out of the ticket was joking among friends.

I may have said WL was not tuned all that great, referring to when you first got it. That was not meant as a personal attack and should not be taken that way. You even posted yourself that you had to do a lot of work to get it running right on a shoestring budget. Actually, I commend you for all the hard work you have done. I have seen you and your boat several times over the past few years, but haven't seen it yet this year. I don't think I have made negative comments about your boat. The only thing I have said is that it was the loudest boat I have ever heard and was louder than I would like to have it.

I'm assuming you did a 4/7 swap, but I have no idea. I have read right here on OSO that you added some HP. I hadn't heard any specifics though.

BTW, not once did I talk/type to you or about you in any disrespectful or smart a$$ way, unlike your post.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Anyone got any pictures of White Lightning? Im just curious to see the boat, sounds badass.

Im also the kind of guy that would run to the window to check out what kind of boat is haulin @SS past............
Her is a link to another thread.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...hite+lightning

Quick Reply: WHITE LIGHTNING ARRESTED AT BACKWATER JACKS FOR dB?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.