If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    24' Baja
    Tonganoxie, KS

Outlaw Gowgirl/Hydraulic steering...

I was talking to Gordo and he was telling me about the hydraulic steering set-up he put on the "Outlaw Gowgirl" boat. This was the system that used the cable steering from the helm to the back and then just the hydraulic ram set-up on just the back half. Like a half hydraulic set-up I guess you would call it. Does anyone now the name/manufacturer of this particular set-up? Any help would be appreciated. Gordo couldn't remember the name of it but said he thought he did a write up on here while doing it . Thanks everyone.

Zion, IL

I am not sure on the "outlaw cowgirl" set-up but I installed the same "add on" singe ram set-up on my boat. It was either a mayfair or wpm, I dont remember. Hope this helps. Rob.

Platinum Member Platinum Member PARADOX's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Formula 272 Sold, 26 Infinity, 4 sale, 08-33' Avanti 4SALE
    Many full hydraulic companies will provide the "half" system set up.
    Rams. supports, etc. and using the existing pumps for the power. Imco, Marine machine. Mayfair, Latham.. etc.
    The price you pay for the half.. "hydraulic assist" system.. you might want to go all the way and install a full hydraulic set.

I checked into it, and the full set was the way to go. OR.. go with the FARMERS MARKET CHOICE... Search the threads and there is some "home made" system using tracktor power steering systems from "TSC" Pretty much the same as with the marine suppliers, probobly not polished SST.. etc..
    Typ. thing.. marine stuff is more $.. but.. there is a choice.

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    Same set up I had on the Pantera. I had add on marine machine dual ram. It was nice, but hard to turn at idle speeds. Any hyd steering manufacturer has the add on system.

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
    I had the MM set up add on which was stolen, but you are better off with a single full than a twin add on. art