Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Fountain 42 PR hits 148mph in Powerboat Mag (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190651-fountain-42-google-page-ranking-hits-148mph-powerboat-mag.html)

Coolerman 07-10-2008 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 2618015)
Those must of been those "special 1075s in that there 42 Fountain":rolleyes:The ones with the 1200 brains on them:eek:

and paper thin props good for 1hr..... If they are really doing these speeds even on 1200's and props that will hold together without breaking after 2hrs of use, that is still pretty damn impressive.

AIR TIME 07-10-2008 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by VetteLT193 (Post 2617942)
Didn't Cat Killer already smoke that hull in race trim? I thought the OL boat is the same as that skater.

I am still waiting on OL to stand up to Reggie... Reggie called them out and they didn't respond that I know of.

I know there are a lot of Fountain haters, but look at it unbranded. Bad azz boat... base power in the 90's and goes up from there.

And none of the cat guys can talk crap about it being a race boat with no lid, that's a huge reason why the cat boats are faster to begin with... none of them have the extra weight of cabins.

:food-smiley-007:

I guess you missed kw a few years back when OL came to race reggie but he wouldn't let them race the new boat:rolleyes: and that was the year fountain but there boat in the water with tape tyvek wrapped around it:p that would of been a 2 boat race instead of fountain only. oh theres plenty of cats with cabins. and yes I like the new 35 fountain with staggered motors cool . cats are fast because there tunnel hulls not because they may or may not have a cabin.

Jassman 07-10-2008 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by skaterveater (Post 2617918)
Jeff, thought I read the 399 ran low 130's with 1075's . I would rather have the skater but 148 is still impressive for pleasure

correct on the low 130's...for the Skater. My point is no question that the numbers on the 42 F. are awesome for a comparably same size boat as the 399...but how come all of a sudden those numbers jump 20 mph with same power in one year. A few reasons..just that one boat is different from the ones that will be produced, possibly 1200's disguised as 1075's, super light layup..could be many reasons..If you've noticed I have never, never, committed on any of those Cat Killer threads. Ive always given Fountain the benefit of doubt, and find that their boats are descent, especially for what they charge...But on this test...I call B.S. somethings up. You dont gain 20 plus mph over night against one of the badest sit downs produced (399) and has showed it's worth on the race course...UNLESSS...Again REGGIE has done it...he truely knows how to market...another press release. Maybe it will help the stock go up.

I looked it up 133.6 August of 07..Tested against 6 boats.

Ratickle 07-10-2008 05:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine (Post 2617990)
I guess you haven't heard about Malta :

One of my favorite shots from Malta. That boat looks like a yacht with a dingy alongside.:eek: Hard to believe it's in first place this year with wins in every race, (except one where it was penalized a lap).

Jassman 07-10-2008 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Ratickle (Post 2618210)
One of my favorite shots from Malta. That boat looks like a yacht with a dingy alongside.:eek: Hard to believe it's in first place this year with wins in every race, (except one where it was penalized a lap).

and it's dieseled powered:cool:

Shanghied Again 07-10-2008 08:56 AM

With all respect I have to give Reggie a hats off, He still continues to make his V-Hulls faster. 140+ for any V hull is un-real. I remember when I started this sport and had my first 16ft Donzi back in 1964 she ran 52mph, back then that was fast! most boats only ran 30s maybe 40. Then in 1972 I purchased my first real Offshore boat a 27 Magnum twin 350s topped out at 67mph. Most offshore boats achieved 70-80 mph. Now V-Hulls with stock 525s running 90 mark and there are Cats flurting with the 200mph mark. Plus they are reliable! Back in the old days If your boat ran a full day without any issues, that was a day for celebration. I think my Ass had more of a Tan then the rest of my body :D
As long as there are people in this Industry that shoot for the best and keep a boat stable. I have to give them credit no matter if they are liked or not.

blume 07-10-2008 09:15 AM

speed???????????????

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2618193)
correct on the low 130's...for the Skater. My point is no question that the numbers on the 42 F. are awesome for a comparably same size boat as the 399...but how come all of a sudden those numbers jump 20 mph with same power in one year. A few reasons..just that one boat is different from the ones that will be produced, possibly 1200's disguised as 1075's, super light layup..could be many reasons..If you've noticed I have never, never, committed on any of those Cat Killer threads. Ive always given Fountain the benefit of doubt, and find that their boats are descent, especially for what they charge...But on this test...I call B.S. somethings up. You dont gain 20 plus mph over night against one of the badest sit downs produced (399) and has showed it's worth on the race course...UNLESSS...Again REGGIE has done it...he truely knows how to market...another press release. Maybe it will help the stock go up.

I looked it up 133.6 August of 07..Tested against 6 boats.

The test in August 2007 is this boat, full cabin 42' Fountain Lightning, not a Poker Run model.

KNOT-RIGHT 07-10-2008 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by VetteLT193 (Post 2617942)
And none of the cat guys can talk crap about it being a race boat with no lid, that's a huge reason why the cat boats are faster to begin with... none of them have the extra weight of cabins.

:food-smiley-007:

Are you for real?
Weight effects a cats overall speed much more then a vee.
Perhaps you should consider taking a refresher course
on Hydrodynamics?

Reggie makes a fast V hull for Sure!

Please!.............. Enough with the cat sh@t!

Back4More 07-10-2008 09:46 AM

I liked the artical and the boat is Sick!

Jassman 07-10-2008 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by blume (Post 2618432)
The test in August 2007 is this boat, full cabin 42' Fountain Lightning, not a Poker Run model.

out of curiousity Blume..what did that boat do with the 1075's..Thanks.