Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Official Stop Hatin' on OSO Thread (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/190657-official-stop-hatin-oso-thread.html)

MacGyver 07-10-2008 06:20 AM

All my bad mouthing, whining and complaining may have bothered some people, but I feel it was a necessary evil to wake IB up. I'll never hate OSO. I love this place and the people. If IB fixes all the site issues, I'll gladly renew when the time comes, as will everyone else. Only time will tell.

dhlaw 07-10-2008 06:40 AM

Things are definitely not the same since Steve bailed. I still use the site to stay in contact with a few people but other than that this place is a shell of its former self. IB has a long history of buying good sites and turning them to $hit in short order. I wont *****, nor have I... I am also not going to renew. I will still buy from the old site sponsors but none of the new spamsers. Its funny that there are a few newer members that say just to deal with it.... they dont know what this site was like at its peak. Ahh, the good old days.

Boomer35 07-10-2008 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by stecz20 (Post 2618106)
heres what im gonna say... no its not like it was here on oso.. plenty of reason for that... people change, life changes, some people get away from the sport, burnt out whatever ever the reason.... it changes and you have to change along with it or its gone as in anything in life... im not a big fan of bi tch ing about things, but i do understand why people are upset, i dont think internt brand gets us, and i think they found out the hard way.. i dont think they thought they were buying such a tight knit community, they thought it was just another message board...

im not happy how things turned, it sucks but im gonna make the most out of it and try and bring this place back.... ive met some of my best friends on here, and even some guys that i have never met are all great people.... i think all of you have to man up.. it was a bit surprising how many would bail with no effert to make it better... ok, so out of the 10 years, or 5 years you have been enjoying, using this place as a lifeline, it sucks for a month or a few weeks.. big deal, i mean really, big fing deal..... i love this place, i have never really seen eye to eye with steve on some things, but i tell you this,i have his back here and ill do everything and anything i can to help save this place.....

i was out in time out a few years ago, i went over to boat freaks, i went back over there last year just to have another place to go to break balls, i was a good time... with all the oso guys heading over there, its like how it sed to be here...fun, plain and simple... i wont stop going to boatfreaks, but i wont stop coming here either.. ill ride this bi cth right to the bottom....

most of you sound like a 12 yr old kid who got sat out on a baseball game and now he tells mommy he wants to quit...

man up, pull it together and let get this place going.... and stop demanding that you should know what is going on.. half of you guys are corporate suck asses at work do they tell you everything, do they tell you when they are about to lay you off or when they are about to be sold off or going out of business...

lets do this, if ib sucks that much, well make it so they sell .. well get our site back one way or the other, they only thing is will ib be involved....

i know many of you dont ever see a serious side of me, but im pretty pissed at a lot of you, i feel like slappig the whole lot of ya.....

as those asswipes in e dock would say, lets getur done......

stecz

Hey Stecz...

You got some good points here, but i think all if not most of us our in some sort of people/relations type busness. Whether is construction, sales, marketing, boat repair, etc...... If I, or im sure any of you, mistreated paying costumers and ill communicated things that needed to be aired out or explained, chit would hit the fan, as it seems it has now.....

seafordguy 07-10-2008 07:11 AM

Let me see - 40 bucks a year. That is about 10 minutes of boating.

I just did my first bellow and gimbal bearing replacement. Let's assume I saved 300 on labor by doign it myself with the help of OSO. That means I can pay for the next 7.5 years worth of membership and still break even.

I think I'll keep my membership - all websites have issues from time to time - I'm sure they will get it worked out.

TEAMBAJA 07-10-2008 07:15 AM

Am I the only OSO member that didnt experience any problems? This whole thing has me puzzled.

The best part is listening to guys that have boats worth six figures b*tching about a $44.95 membership. Gimmie a break.........even us poor guys spend more than that at the bar for a round of drinks for our friends. :ernaehrung004:

kennyo 07-10-2008 07:56 AM

It sux when you need something and it's not there. Been happening quite a bit lately. But........ The wealth of knowledge from the archives alone is worth the money. m
I do like the free nekid pics on BF's though!

Shore Thing 07-10-2008 08:07 AM

My biggest complaint is that there is almost no customer support on the site anymore. It was great when steve was here. You posted a question asking about the site and you got an answer in a timely fashion. How many questions and requests went unanswered...even worse...ignored completely these past few months?

Treat your customers like sh*t and they will leave you. It is that simple. I want to see oso get back to its old ways just as much as anyone else, but when no one is listening to you. It seems the only way to make an impact is to walk away for a while.

LaughingCat 07-10-2008 08:13 AM

I hate to do this, but I have to complain. We need to stop acting like hateful stepkids and remember what OSO was like in the hayday. Here's a little reminder.

http://www.trimflixx.com/showvideo.php?videoID=56940

LaughingCat 07-10-2008 08:14 AM

And yes, I have a very low post count. Mainly because I'd rather quickly read what your fruitcakes are posting and spend more time with the "pillows".

Now get back to work!

RunninHotRacing163.1 07-10-2008 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by kennyo (Post 2618306)
It sux when you need something and it's not there. Been happening quite a bit lately. But........ The wealth of knowledge from the archives alone is worth the money. m
I do like the free nekid pics on BF's though!

free nekid pics :eek: You friggin Perv :cool-smiley-027: