Notices

Oh Shorgasm.....

Old 02-28-2002, 03:00 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man........who the hell is this Deep Vee character??????

Sounds like he needs some lessons.....

Anyways........The "weekend" of memerial is the fun time........Monday is cool but Saturday and Sunday are when the "chit" hits the fan......and with your size boat you'll fit in very well........lots of BIG BIG cruisers and mid 20's there.....maybe "Unleashed" will make an appearance this year.......that way you'll get to watch me tell the girls I let him borrow my boat..... as long as he keeps the Black clean......

Well back to the point.......bring plenty of food...ie.Brats steaks and such........and plenty of "clear" drinks.....makes it harder to get busted.......but still fun.....nobody gets plowed....well almost nobody........

Remember.......a good spot is key to a good time....this place fills up to capacity quickly......
Old 02-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Shor. So sounds like I need to be in the are Friday night and get crackin' first thing saturday Morning. Cool!

Ya, that deepvee...He got noticed quick!

Anyway, Tell me more about the glen. any pics? I heard it was a spring-fed area. Clear? What kind of water? Is it deep or more like waist depth. Do you anchor and walk around or beach on shore?

L8R!
Old 03-01-2002, 12:50 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

Hey man........sorry I had to leave for a bit.......but back to the questions..........First off the Glen is a fresh water spring........about 3-4 feet deep all around..........let's say for reference imagine a football field size stretched out a bit......Boats park on the outside and then make a inner ring........the inner ring is where to be.....

On one side it's about six foot deep for the bigger boats to come in..........ya gotta see it when ya come in.......huge fish swim outside the inner cove......kinda cool.........just real clear water....

When you come in you can walk your boat by the bow and anchor it down........kinda sandy and such.......You never touch the bottom of you boat on anything.....but the drive...well that's another matter......you can see where it gets shallow real easily

Boats are all side by side....so bring bumpers.....you can walk almost all of the area........most of it is about 2 foot of water maybe up to your waist........72 degree water all year round....never changes....when ya get a good spot it is kinda hard to leave but still possible.......bring all the food you can imagine.....people have grills and stuff......make friends with house boaters.........they are great if it rains and for cooking.....

There are a couple ice and small food boats that come around all day.........it's kinda pricey but worth it I guess.........$3 -4 bucks a bag..........There are restrooms....porta potti type.........remember it's a state park.....but closes at night.....if ya had to bring a car you could..but you'll pay for parking overnight......reasonable.........

There are a few ramps about 10 miles away or so by boat.......good parking truck and trailer wise.....very bright and safe.......makes for a good trip to the Glen.....everybody knows where it is just ask if you can't find it.......any more questions just ask........Trust me it's a blast.......I don't get excited about crap so this place has to be fun for me to look forward to it.....Terry
Old 03-01-2002, 01:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks a lot Terry,
I appreciate all the info! You got me psyched for it! It sounds a lot like our little islands and such, but the glen would be a great new experience! Sounds more and more like a must do!

Maybe we'll see eachother there this mem. day!

Old 03-01-2002, 03:05 PM
Registered

Funny you say that......that's how I got hooked.......went out there on my jet-skis one year just for the day......

Went and bought a boat the next week.....had to do it right the next time..........
Old 03-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Man....This place sounds toooo nice !!!!!! But where is it ???
Old 03-01-2002, 03:41 PM
Registered

Nope it's pretty cool...man.........It's right off lake george in Florida

North central Fla......to be more exact........

It is technically illegal to drink there......but there are ways around it...........gotta be discreet ya know.

Lots of different boaters there...kinda like here...........but wetter.......

Old 03-01-2002, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I hear ya, shor...There's a first time for everything and curiosity is a *****!

Birddog, I was just searching on Google and came across somebody's private webpage about the place. It has good pics, so here it is.

Shor, you're so right. This place looks awesome!

http://www.geocities.com/nova383sb/s...ilverglen.html
Old 03-01-2002, 03:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

If things go my way i want to tow to Fla. next winter. I will have to check that place out!!!!!!!!! They have that no drinking thing on lake Cumberland also....You just have to be cool about it..Cooly cups on youre beer,keep youre cocktail down etc.....
Old 03-01-2002, 04:30 PM
Registered

That's the Glen baby..............all the dark is kinda weedy...but it's usually to deep to feel........and off the beaten path.....

If ya know peole you can get right in the middle.........where the "fun" is...............of course that's my opinion...........oh and TWO batteries are a must here...........but everyone is generally nice.......in the middle they form a sort of "pool" no one can really getin or out......boats on all sides.......the cops can't really bother you that way......

But keep the eye out for them.........cause they are there...both counties.....one of which doesn't care too much........damn if I know which......