Notices

Big Thanks to Baja Will!

Old 07-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big Thanks to Baja Will!

just wanted to say thanks to Baja Will, I broke down about 18 miles from the ramp, Baja Will towed me a couple miles through 5-6' swells until Sea Tow arrived. Thanks Again Will, Thank your wife for being a trooper also.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was very nice of them, We came back from Kellys Island on Lake Erie to Monroe MI yesterday (about 45 miles) we had 6' and even larger waves almost the whole way. We did not see a single boat until we were about 2 miles from Monroe. I said to one of my girlfriends I would hate to come across a broken down boat out here, towing them in this type of water would just be awful. I give your friends a lot of credit, I know it could not have been fun for any of you. How much did Sea Tow get your for, I bet it was not cheap. Hope you problem can be fixed without dropping a ton of money.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:58 AM
Registered

It was big water yesterday!

Donna, how long did it take you and Ian to get back?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Registered

it was free since I am a member, would have been a $600 tow.
I know towing someone that far is about the last thing that anybody wanted to do, so it is much appreciated.

Even as far away as Hurricane Bertha is it has been kicking up some big swells for the past couple days around here, that combined with a little wind and a running tide at the mouth of the bay made for a bad place to break down.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:42 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

It does not surprise me. Will is a very nice guy.

Sorry you had problems and glad we have guys like Will on the water.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

This is a positive thread..we needed this around here lately..I had to be towed once when I ran out of gas..I know exactly how gratified you feel. AT-Clark saved my butt that day..
Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChiefApache89
It was big water yesterday!

Donna, how long did it take you and Ian to get back?
a little bit less than 2 hours. We had 8 of our neighbors on board, several were pretty scared. I was more scared about breaking something.

That's great about Sea tow, I have never thought about getting a membership, but maybe I should look into it. Is it expensive.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:06 AM

All good happy to do it, Glad everyone got in, my first mate pictured below was worn out.

If you were not a member I was going to take you to the ramp, no way I was going to let them lay "Salvage to ya"

Sincerely,

WILL
Attached Thumbnails Big Thanks to Baja Will!-daisy-002.jpg  
Old 07-14-2008, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn Pete! What happened this time?
Old 07-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
a little bit less than 2 hours. We had 8 of our neighbors on board, several were pretty scared. I was more scared about breaking something.

That's great about Sea tow, I have never thought about getting a membership, but maybe I should look into it. Is it expensive.
Thank to LEOPAJM, we have BoatUS unlimited towing and trailering membership. They are located in our marina area and it's comforting to know they are there.

Donna, I understand what you mean about breaking in big water, that's on my mind too! It's hard not to think that way when you're coming off the big waves.

I bet you had some nervous people on board, especially if they have never been on big water.

Jerry took us out on his Saber last week in 4 to 6's....it was one of the most intense and exhilerating rides of my life, all at the same time.

Quick Reply: Big Thanks to Baja Will!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.