Warning, Sea beacon Marine.

Notices

Warning, Sea beacon Marine.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:31 AM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning, Sea beacon Marine.

Sea Beacon Marine, owner Chris George, who is a OSO member was refered to me by another member by the name of Rick. BTW Rick nice referal, and if this goes to court I don't care what it takes you will be there.

So this is how it went: I call this Sea Beacon Marine who on the phone tells me he's Merc certified, which he is not straight from Mercury. I set it up to have him do the first services on my triple 300 Verados @ my storage place in Miami. In the begining I should of pulled my head out when the lies about why work was not completed on time started from he was in a car wreck, his helper got the wrong oil, to the waitress spilled split pea soup on my cell phone and that's why I could not call you. The last lie I have in an E-mail. He invoices me trusting the work was done I pay him and come to find out from not only my Storage facility that he never step foot on the propertry, and also the Mercury Certified marine facility that did perform the services after I realized he ****ed me, that nothing was done at all. So I'm out 1350.$. I call the Monroe County Sheriff department in the FL. keys and I asked them what I can do to get my money back. They tell me this Jack ass has priors from writing bad checks to Grand Theft. I contacted one place he wrote a bad check just to confirm, and sure as **** he did write a bad check in the amount close to 980$. Nice!!!
This is where it gets hilarious. As this all goes down I call him and after about the forth call he answers and I tell him I've contacted the sherriffs department and if I don't get my money I will start the process to get him arreseted again. I get an E-mail from his wife telling me that he will send me the money and he will do no more work for me, what work has he done so far. As the days pass I call him back asking wheres my cashiers check which he told me It would be out the next day, and will be next day service. 6 days go by and finally the delivery service shows up with a check for the amount in question and it's a check from his business. Guess what, it's no good.
Chris I've dealt with some idiot rip offs before but that's about as dumb as you can get. Other then your priors and some written letters I have from people, If you would have not sent the check it would of been very hard for me to recover my money. Now I have a NSF check from you that is at this time going to the bad check program in Key Largo. The same program that got the other people back there 980$ from the bad check you wrote them. Chris your a fricken loser that does not deserve to be in business, have a checking account, or on a boat site like OSO. Looking forward to the day the Sherriff shows up to arrest you.
I strongly advise to stay clear of Sea Beacon Marine. Don't be an idiot like me.

The good, I've learned some very valuable lessons. Greg Faulkner
Old 03-27-2008, 02:16 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I feel for you Bling. last year- I was buying a 33Powerplay from Trader1 on this board. We are friends because I bought my last boat from him and he's a good, honest guy.

I was referred to a mechanic (goes by the name GOODT here on OSO) GOODT ripped me off for over $1K on money he supposed to return to me becuase he didn't actually do any work on the boat! He wrote me a bad check for $1,600. I called the sheriffs dept in Maryland and they basically wouldn't do anything about it. I had to file a claim in samll claims court, while not getting re-imbursed for my flight, hotels and meals. I didn't bother to file a claim since it would have cost me at least another $800.00+ to get there.

Here in California he would have been arrested for the bad check!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Greg,

I am sorry I referred you to him, I dont know what happened, I know Chris thru friends, and thought we were friends also. Chris personally called me the weekend I referred you to him to thank me for the reference, and as far as I knew he was MERC Certified, maybe I shouldnt have opened up my mouth, and let ya find someone else. I HAVE done some work for him personally(rigging a 45 Formula), and never had a problem getting paid. I hope your not mad at me, you asked a question, I gave ya an answer. There were other people who posted different ref's(very well known ones, but I wont drag their name into this thread), but you chose to go with Chris. I apologize for my mistake of giving out his info, and I will call him to try and straighten this out for ya.

Rick
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

What an extreme hassle. This is probably a good example of why all businesses (even those that have grown from a hobby) should join their local Better Business Bureau...and why people who need services should check out a company's past performance record. Some industries are more serious about this process than others (for example, it's big in Home Improvement Services) and available references seems to vary by locale, but complaints about poor service, no service, bad checks, missing refunds etc. are usually reported and entered into a company's record if they're a member. Of course, not all businesses are members, and even some good businesses don't join the BBB. But it is a place to start. For those on the board who are in the marine industry -- just out of curiosity -- how many of you belong to your local BBB?

Can't fault anyone for taking advice from someone they trust. But you just never know. If there's a way to double-check or get a second opinion--like a BBB report--then it should be done. Bling - I'm sure everyone here hopes the stiuation works out for you and that it gets resolved to your satisfaction. Good Luck.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:19 AM
Registered

One of the best things that happend to you was that he wrote you a hot check. Most countys have hot check department and in many places a hot check over $1000 is a felony.

Press it to county attorney and don't take no for an answer, Also go to the bank where the check is drawn and seen if they will let you know when a deposit is likely to come in. In the old days banks would be very helpfull in this but now a days most aren't unless you get to the right person.

Don't let it languish, persue it both at the criminal and civil level. Likely you will get paid back if the heat is hot enough.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
One of the best things that happend to you was that he wrote you a hot check. Most countys have hot check department and in many places a hot check over $1000 is a felony.

Press it to county attorney and don't take no for an answer, Also go to the bank where the check is drawn and seen if they will let you know when a deposit is likely to come in. In the old days banks would be very helpfull in this but now a days most aren't unless you get to the right person.

Don't let it languish, persue it both at the criminal and civil level. Likely you will get paid back if the heat is hot enough.
Thanks all. What I hear from the office of Mark E. Kohl 16thth Judicial Circuit State Attorney is if the check is bad which it is, in FL. he will be arrested and untill he makes good on the check, he's in deep ****. Will see what happens. He actually can do the right thing and if by 5:00 pm Pacific standard time today makes the check good, this will all go away for him. Not the OSO warning, but the rath of crap I'm gonna put on him. And here's a great thing for me, I'm leaving today for a 9 day trip through the Keys in FL. and my first stop is Key Largo. So if I do need to do paper work in person I can take care of it then. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Rick, thanks I'm just a bit pissed off right now. The worst thing is the time I've already spent on this, as well as putting that happy face on before you get home to the family at night. Thankfully I have the check, because as stated already in this thread, it would of cost me more to take him to court.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by blingbling
Thanks all. What I hear from the office of Mark E. Kohl 16thth Judicial Circuit State Attorney is if the check is bad which it is, in FL. he will be arrested and untill he makes good on the check, he's in deep ****. Will see what happens. He actually can do the right thing and if by 5:00 pm Pacific standard time today makes the check good, this will all go away for him. Not the OSO warning, but the rath of crap I'm gonna put on him. And here's a great thing for me, I'm leaving today for a 9 day trip through the Keys in FL. and my first stop is Key Largo. So if I do need to do paper work in person I can take care of it then. I'll let ya know how it turns out.

Rick, thanks I'm just a bit pissed off right now. The worst thing is the time I've already spent on this, as well as putting that happy face on before you get home to the family at night. Thankfully I have the check, because as stated already in this thread, it would of cost me more to take him to court.
I understand where you are coming from, and I dont know the whole story behind this, but if it is as you state, I would also be pizzed. I will try to call Chris, and have him make good for you, because this makes me look bad also.

Rick
Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Another scumbag exposed! Good luck
Old 03-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow. What an ordeal. Thanks for the expose'. It's good to know who to avoid.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Greg,

I am sorry I referred you to him, I dont know what happened, I know Chris thru friends, and thought we were friends also. Chris personally called me the weekend I referred you to him to thank me for the reference, and as far as I knew he was MERC Certified, maybe I shouldnt have opened up my mouth, and let ya find someone else. I HAVE done some work for him personally(rigging a 45 Formula), and never had a problem getting paid. I hope your not mad at me, you asked a question, I gave ya an answer. There were other people who posted different ref's(very well known ones, but I wont drag their name into this thread), but you chose to go with Chris. I apologize for my mistake of giving out his info, and I will call him to try and straighten this out for ya.

Rick
It was an OSO member that referred GOODT to me, which we all know how that turned out. However, I don't hold it against the OSO member that was trying to give me a referral to help me out. I have 2 rules when someone does some thing to me or my property.....

1. Mistake/Accident - these things happen, it wasn't intentional and I let it go.

2. Intentional/ deliberate- now you pissed me off and you're going to pay, somehow, someday!!!

Quick Reply: Warning, Sea beacon Marine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.