Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Your Shet Is Punk Compared To This Wave Crusher (video) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/191399-your-shet-punk-compared-wave-crusher-video.html)

sean stinson 07-20-2008 08:55 PM

I think they are in the Bering Sea!!!!

88Fount33 07-21-2008 09:19 AM

Chopper is junk after that.

What the heck is it doing up there in the first place? That is not where they store those as it is sitting right on one of the steam powered cats.

jhiguy377 07-21-2008 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Edward R. Cozzi (Post 2628799)
I can't open the original video from Strip's post.

HELP!

The old Atari runnin' kinda slow Ed?

DollaBill 07-21-2008 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by jhiguy377 (Post 2630493)
The old Atari runnin' kinda slow Ed?

LMAO. Sorry Ed :)

Sydwayz 07-21-2008 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2628783)
2 milliion gallons!!!!!

expensive fill up

That's just fuel for the jets, other aircraft, and other machinery. I imagine they rotate through the fuel on a regular system, but I have to imagine they pay close attention to the octane.

I wonder if Ethanol fuks their shet up too? :drink:

wrinkleface 07-21-2008 07:59 PM

Looks like it was at the Boyne Thunder PR a :eek:couple weeks back!!!

bruin_d 07-21-2008 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2630560)
That's just fuel for the jets, other aircraft, and other machinery. I imagine they rotate through the fuel on a regular system, but I have to imagine they pay close attention to the octane.

I wonder if Ethanol fuks their shet up too? :drink:

When we are in the middle of the Persian Gulf, doing flight operations around the clock, we would burn through anywhere from 750,000 to a million gallons every other week. When we get low there is a big fuel tanker ship that will pull up beside us, while we are doing around 15 knots, and there will basically be 3 big hoses running between the two ships transferring the fuel. It is a pretty impressive sight, I'll see if I can find some pics. The fuel is only used for the jets, emergency diesel generators, and the equipment for moving aircraft around.

bruin_d 07-21-2008 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by 88Fount33 (Post 2629772)
Chopper is junk after that.

What the heck is it doing up there in the first place? That is not where they store those as it is sitting right on one of the steam powered cats.

The helo should be fine. They are exposed to the elements the majority of the time. There are entire divisions of workers whose main job is corrosion control on the aircraft. That is actually one of the normal parking spots and it is in between the two bow catapults. On a side note, the new aircraft carrier they are designing right now will have electro-magnetic catapults instead of steam. If anybody has any specific questions about aircraft carriers please ask, I will be more than happy to answer them.

Audiofn 07-21-2008 10:10 PM

The guys in the great lakes will tell ya they see bigger :D:D

dykstra 07-21-2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MacGyver (Post 2629060)
Did you see Triple Digits go flying by at 87.1 mph in that video:evilb:

awesome!:grinser010: