Calling all Muskoka Boaters!! >

Calling all Muskoka Boaters!!

Notices

Calling all Muskoka Boaters!!

Old 07-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Calling all Muskoka Boaters!!

My buddy throws a big party for his birthday every year on Lake Joseph, he is right down towards the Lake Joe Club.

I am thinking about bringing the Pantera up this year since alot of friends havent seen it yet.

Problem is my buddy doesnt have the docking space (he has 4 boats) for me to put the boat.

I need to find a marina that I can launch, dock easily, park my 3500 dually Ram and not break the bank.

I called one place and they wanted 75bucks a day for docking plus 80 bucks to launch and park the trailer-- which is insane.

dates are from August 1st until 4th arriving early morning August 1st.

Anyone got any ideas??
Old 07-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, There is several ways to do this.
Launching is easy, there is Foots bay public launch, great ramp, no parking. There is Appian Way thats right across from Joe club, great ramp, it has a little parking that you can fit in, first come first serve... I have a deal over at Wallace, with parking, however it depends on your trailer if the ramp will work.
Docking... well, the Joe club facility has lots of docks... try there, there are some private guys with space, may be they will pipe up. I'm full up as well.
But definatly bring the Pantera, I have my twin TUFF 28 up there now, we can make noise and waves up there.

Mark
Old 07-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Adam, launch in Gravenhurst. ( free ) Lots of parking ( free ), run up Muskoka to Port Carling and lock thru ( 5 bucks ) Run Lake Rosseau thru Port Sandfield and voila, you're in Lake Joe.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered

My buddy throws a big party for his birthday every year on Lake Joseph
Who is the birthday boy?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

my buddy big gay mitch. I guess it isnt a huge party but there will be like 15-20 of us staying there and drinking all weekend.

my friend is nice and operates a gay cruise in his whaler around the big 3 lakes.

Last edited by ar15meister; 05-29-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:26 AM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Airpacker suggested what I was thinking, Gravenhurst has a good ramp with LOTs of parking. Bit of a hike up the lake, but a great ride.

RT
Old 07-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
my buddy Mitch Tomulka. I guess it isnt a huge party but there will be like 15-20 of us staying there and drinking all weekend.

I sorted things out and since he is a member at Lake Joe club they are going to reserve me a spot with no charge for the weekend so I guess I am going to launch at Appian way Friday August 1st between 9am-12pm and then go for a burn around the lake for a little bit and afterwards head over to my buddy's cottage or to the Joe club depending on if we think we can dock at his cottage. Do you guys think ti is okay to find trailer parking for my dually and myco at the ramp? Is that ramp deep?

You have probably seen him, only Polack on the lake with the 20ft whaler with the red top and downriggers and fishing rods everywhere. Those boys are serious about fishing that lake. They actually caught a 35-40lb Northern there last year and we cauight several this spring over 25lbs.

We even landed a 25lb Laker last summer which was really cool.
sounds like your going to have a killer weekend! when i was younger, like grade 10 my friend talked me into working in muskoka all summer. then i thought about my cottage, and realized i had way more fun there, and more importantly didnt have to work. so i canceled!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Registered

The Appian Way ramp is real good. A Guy comes in once a year with a 35 Formula and parks his rig right there.
Get there before him.
Look for me in the Joe river.

Mark
Old 07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Registered

Got a problem with my big Muskoka boating weekend.

I might have to leave the boat at home unless someone knows where I can get a power steering pump off a 1991 Mercruiser 454 and a pulley part number is 73873a.

The monkeys who were rebuilding mine did and managed to mangle the pulley in the process.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TUFFboat
The Appian Way ramp is real good. A Guy comes in once a year with a 35 Formula and parks his rig right there.
Get there before him.
Look for me in the Joe river.

Mark
Mark,

Thanks for the ride in the TUFF 28. Man that thing screams and is it ever fast!!! You build a beautiful and very well finished product.

However it wasnt very nice to beat me handily in that little run we had ---in front of the girls no less!

I just told them all that it wasnt 'Pantera water' hahaha I dont think they bought it though

Looking forward to running up there again. It is nice boating up there even though the Pantera is no fun in that calm water, scenery is beautiful.

Cheers,

Adam

Last edited by ar15meister; 08-05-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all Muskoka Boaters!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.