Notices

West Coast 28-30ft

Old 08-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedpro1
Baja is pretty much an assembly line boat but most of the east coast boats can be built custom to your prefrence too. I still say if you want a great boat to handle offshore conditions, the east coast has got it down! The west coast has been coming up fast in the last few years. The smartest thing they started doing out west was going to liners.

I agree, take pantera - how many west coast builders will move the bulkeads up for a twin staggered 3 man 28ft boat. How many west coast builders will take one of their old tired boats and move bulkheads, update the dash, and everything in between. Or take this 28 apache. How many west coast builders will slap in a pair of diesels and install a pull out swim platform. That my friend is custom
Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IF the question were which 28-30 East coast boat then Pantera would have probably been on the list.

Lavey, Howard and Hallett will move bulkheads for you.
As will most of the guys that build their own molds.

The West coast has its share of houses that splash designs (Kachina uses old East coast hulls designs as has been so elegantly stated in this thread earlier). Lame-ness exists on both coasts.

In recommending a West Coast builder I could only recommend real builders that start with their own designs. Not recycled updated old stuff as you say Texoma. The "real builders" can and usually will accomodate anything you can cut checks for.

Do you have anymore info on that custom swimstep model?
That's certainly waay cool, but it looks like a jet boat which would make that quite a bit easier. Im Really curious about that boat, and have no doubt based on where its sitting its owner could has no issue with a house tooling up a custom mold just for him.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - in 2 months!
Laveycraft 20.8 Sebring 406/ITS
Fleetwood nitrous toy hauler
Yamaha raptor 700/Kawi KFX 450
Nissan Titan
Old 12-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Registered

Default West Coast 28 ft.

Its finally done (well there are a couple of things left)

The amount of trick stuff on this boat is amazing. Note the passenger side cupholder in both pics- These Led's are switchable red white blue.

The dash was 100% custom one off designed for my GPS.

The bulkheads were also moved and enlarged to mount an AC unit
and accommodate pop up cleats.

The radar arch is detachable with a trick slide in bracket and secure lock setup.

The bow rails are eliiptical and mount flush into the hull.

The 2 most comparable 28 footers Ive seen so far are my LaveyCraft 2750 and the Pantera 28 SR.

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - Ilmor 710
Attached Thumbnails West Coast 28-30ft-dsc08812.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc08813.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-shot-into-cabin.jpg  

Old 12-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat looks sweet Dave!

Active Thunder will custom build a boat with the buyer and you are welcome @ the factory anytime during the build...They are priced very fair for a true custom built, offshore high performance boat with No wood.

For west coast, you can not get any better than LaveyCraft from what I have seen lately.

Oh yeah...this AT28 came with a microwave, ss sink, seperate head, 5'-8" headroom, transom shower, 350magMPI's w/Bravos, Gaffrig/Livorsi, No wood, & plenty more .....
btw, it's got 400hrs and its like new.
Attached Thumbnails West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01856.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01861.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01870.jpg  

Old 12-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spilman
Boat looks sweet Dave!

Active Thunder will custom build a boat with the buyer and you are welcome @ the factory anytime during the build...They are priced very fair for a true custom built, offshore high performance boat with No wood.

For west coast, you can not get any better than LaveyCraft from what I have seen lately.

Oh yeah...this AT28 came with a microwave, ss sink, seperate head, 5'-8" headroom, transom shower, 350magMPI's w/Bravos, Gaffrig/Livorsi, No wood, & plenty more .....
btw, it's got 400hrs and its like new.

Oh, & Its TEN (10) Years Old!

No, Its not for Sale!
Attached Thumbnails West Coast 28-30ft-dsc02696.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01859.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc01873.jpg  

Old 12-14-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered

Default Really nice.

Definitely a huge 28 (probably equal to a 32 fountain once you take out the beak)

It's really a shame they stopped making the smaller boats. Looks like its holding up really well too, and I'm sure the owner put lots of care into it.

The exhaust deflectors are a nice touch to keep the step clean.

I haven't seen any recent AT builds on the site, and I'd love to see a new one of these rigs go together on the site.

Ive noticed this company has a really strong following from the Eastern guys.

How much does it weigh?

Uncle Dave

Laveycraft 2750 - 710 Ilmor
Attached Thumbnails West Coast 28-30ft-rear-bench.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc05731_2.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-tatch-up.jpg  

Old 12-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I agree, take pantera - how many west coast builders will move the bulkeads up for a twin staggered 3 man 28ft boat. How many west coast builders will take one of their old tired boats and move bulkheads, update the dash, and everything in between. Or take this 28 apache. How many west coast builders will slap in a pair of diesels and install a pull out swim platform. That my friend is custom

At least one:

TEAM SCARAB.

`Nuff said for all the eastocoasters including Apache guys.

Now somebody mighta forgotten Scarab is a west coast boat, and design & layup and did kill the competition way back in the 70īs already taking U.I.M world titles.
Now come to think of it.. only Cigarette and Skater have done that also. I donīt recall Fountain pantera or anyother do that... but i might forget something here..and YES Scarab had/has a 29 footer called 9 meter.
Now Team Scarab is one of the true Custom boatbuilders and top notch Offshore riggers to this day.

Last edited by MikeyFIN; 12-14-2008 at 01:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

Default Questions

Originally Posted by MikeyFIN
At least one:

TEAM SCARAB.

`Nuff said for all the eastocoasters including Apache guys.

Now somebody mighta forgotten Scarab is a west coast boat, and design & layup and did kill the competition way back in the 70īs already taking U.I.M world titles.
Now come to think of it.. only Cigarette and Skater have done that also. I donīt recall Fountain pantera or anyother do that... but i might forget something here..and YES Scarab had/has a 29 footer called 9 meter.
Now Team Scarab is one of the true Custom boatbuilders and top notch Offshore riggers to this day.

Where can I look at to see a recent example of their work-?

I'm not familiar with any other work than the Wellcraft line of product.

Uncle Dave

Attached Thumbnails West Coast 28-30ft-bow.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-dsc08824.jpg   West Coast 28-30ft-bak-hatch.jpg  

Old 12-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Incredible boat Dave! Please post pics in the water as soon as you can. Again, incredible boat. Just curious why 27 and not 29 nuera?
Old 12-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Where can I look at to see a recent example of their work-?

I'm not familiar with any other work than the Wellcraft line of product.

Uncle Dave

Larry Smith is still building custom boats on the west coast. He built a really sweet 43 that was in the L.A. Boat show a couple years ago.

I believe he's still in Santa Barbara California building boats.

Quick Reply: West Coast 28-30ft

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.