Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/191764-reggie-fountain-cant-put-down.html)

X-Rated30 07-23-2008 09:32 PM

Not a fan of his ridiculous crap, but if it puts people to work...

Besides - if tax money goes to work here, it isn't wasted elsewhere. You gotta admit he does put people to work.:cool:

Expensive Date 07-23-2008 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2633077)
I'm sure the good people of North Carolina are going to be just thrilled to know their tax dollars will be going to subsidize this guy's racing hobby.

Better that than crown fried chicken and the local package goods store:evilb:

stainless 07-23-2008 10:10 PM

You gotta give the guy credit, when the chips are down he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work !

AB From Windsor 07-23-2008 10:17 PM

Reggie Fountain is the man and a Legend.

fountain4play 07-23-2008 10:34 PM

Ya know what it's all sour grapes for some people...They don't like Fountain Boats or Reggie Fountain.

Any issues you have with him buying Baja from Brunswick are B.S....If a buyer wasn't found Baja would have faded away like so many other boat builders...

If you want to be P.O. at someone you should be looking at Brunswick's management and not the person who bought this line to bolster his own....

I read on here all the time that people just don't like Reggie or his ego that's fine but to just bash someone who will be putting people to work is ludicrous...

At least he has the balls to buy a company that obviously wasn't profitable and take it on during a period where boat sales are dwindling and all some people can do is through baseless comments showing their ignorance or jealously for doing something they only wished they had the resources and business sense to accomplish...

If this sounds a little harsh so be it..I've owned a Fountain and it was one of the best boats I've ever owned and will make no apologies to anyone...

dreamer 07-23-2008 10:52 PM

u really think he bought baja? lol

wow this PR machine realy works

fountain4play 07-23-2008 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by dreamer (Post 2633290)
u really think he bought baja? lol

wow this PR machine realy works

no i would say it was given to him....unless you know of some other builder who was willing to take on their debt and product lines...whatever was paid or not paid for this line two people appear to be happy....Brunswick and Fountain...

fountain4play 07-24-2008 12:17 AM

Anyone who owns a business is ultimately is looking to turn a profit otherwise you won't be able to survive...the lenders are tightening their requirements all the time....people no longer have the luxury of turning a profit in a few years,...unless you are established and have good credit it will be a short run which is why most businesses fail in the first three years of start-up...

people that start businesses and hire people are there to make money plain and simple and if that includes bringing stable employment along the way that's a great benefit...

I can't speak for other business owners but we are not in business just to provide jobs, if we aren't making money and moving forward no one needs the aggravation to just tread water or loose money..

Unprofitable Divisions will be eliminated and/or restructured which ultimately leads to a loss of some jobs...

Some people want to make the case that a company needs to show them loyalty and be there for as long as they want, but it never seems to happen when the shoe is on the other foot...

Funny thing is no one criticizes anyone for moving on to a new job to further themselves even if their present employer payed them more than the going rate for their services...

While I don't claim to know any of the circumstances surrounding Fountain's purchase of Baja someone thinks it's a good deal or at the very least a way to further their company...

It happens all the time, one company buys another and they are absorbed never to be heard from again...At least on the surface it appears that Fountain is still going to keep the Baja brand alive, for how long is anyones guess and that's all it is a guess.

Like him or not he's putting his company on the line doing this deal and I wish him the best for the marine industry as a whole needs some positive outcomes out of the doldrums that they are presently in...