Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down >

Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Notices

Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Old 07-25-2008, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
P.S. I live and operate a business in Ohio and I know first-hand why Reggie is moving Baja to North Carolina. This is not a business-friendly state and it's headed the opposite direction.
People who aren't trying to run a business in Ohio have no idea how bad it is. It is as if they are trying to prevent business from coming here. The taxes are outrageous, based on a plan that the last business standing will pay the entire state budget. No new businesses come here, and existing businesses are moved or sold out of state.
I worked with a lot of college students at UT and BGSU in my last job and became very close with many of them. When they graduated, there were NO job fairs in Ohio. Ironically, a BUNCH of them ended up in NC. There were job fairs there. We educate people in Ohio still.... but they take that degree to better business environments. I know of 5 who all went to Raleigh 2 years ago. They all went to the same job fair, they all got jobs and they all moved to NC.

I have to wonder what would become of FPB once Reggie's not in the picture.
They could live off of the gold for a while.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I live and operate a business in Ohio and I know first-hand why Reggie is moving Baja to North Carolina. This is not a business-friendly state and it's headed the opposite direction.
Originally Posted by fund razor
People who aren't trying to run a business in Ohio have no idea how bad it is. It is as if they are trying to prevent business from coming here. The taxes are outrageous, based on a plan that the last business standing will pay the entire state budget. No new businesses come here, and existing businesses are moved or sold out of state.
I worked with a lot of college students at UT and BGSU in my last job and became very close with many of them. When they graduated, there were NO job fairs in Ohio. Ironically, a BUNCH of them ended up in NC. There were job fairs there. We educate people in Ohio still.... but they take that degree to better business environments. I know of 5 who all went to Raleigh 2 years ago. They all went to the same job fair, they all got jobs and they all moved to NC.

They could live off of the gold for a while.
You think Ohio's bad. I ran a business here in Michigan and our headquarters were in N Canton Ohio. The Ohio facility was an identical business, same product line, number of employees, sales, etc. Our penalty in Michigan was almost $150,000 over Ohio because of the higher unemployment rates, higher workers comp rates, and a single business tax based on what equipment was in the facility and it's value per the state, not on actual value. That's why Michigan business is moving out also. The only ones staying, or coming, are the ones that have all of these taxes, plus property taxes, waived and incentives added just like Reggie's. Sorry, I digress.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pretty stout getting a grant

I need Mississippi to give my biz a Job Development Investment Grant of any amount to help the peoples have better home furnishings and also get the Federal Government to bail out all the P&L's We have been sitting on for the last 60 years

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratickle
You think Ohio's bad. I ran a business here in Michigan and our headquarters were in N Canton Ohio. The Ohio facility was an identical business, same product line, number of employees, sales, etc. Our penalty in Michigan was almost $150,000 over Ohio because of the higher unemployment rates, higher workers comp rates, and a single business tax based on what equipment was in the facility and it's value per the state, not on actual value. That's why Michigan business is moving out also. The only ones staying, or coming, are the ones that have all of these taxes, plus property taxes, waived and incentives added just like Reggie's. Sorry, I digress.
The only point you made was Michigan sucks more than Ohio.

Have you seen the tax breaks imigrants get??

You are mad because Reggie took advantage of Tax Breaks offered to him??
Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Yes. But it was a very good point.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993

Have you seen the tax breaks imigrants get??

You are mad because Reggie took advantage of Tax Breaks offered to him??
That was the point, but the mid-west manufacturing states that used to get away with super high costs to manufacturers because of automotive etc., had better learn to change or the businesses will keep leaving.

Nope, not mad at all. I hope his company, including BAJA, succeeds. That 42' boat that holds the World Record for Vee's is an incredible accomplishment. My only (repeat only) gripe with Reggie is the ego-laden/BS/mis-information (ie; CatKiller) that he uses to promote his boats. But, it does give me something to try and improve my sarcastic and (hopefully) tastefully entertaining talents.

Quick Reply: Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.