Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down >

Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Notices

Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Old 07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Mr. fountain strikes gold again with a big grant from N.Carolina. Fountain is still going ahead.

http://www.boattest.com/Resources/vi...px?NewsID=2776
Old 07-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, OK then!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think is great. not only for powerboats, but for jobs in that area of NC.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sure the good people of North Carolina are going to be just thrilled to know their tax dollars will be going to subsidize this guy's racing hobby.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
It's North Carolina, not Ohio. I would assume Fountain has no control on "conditions" of a Grant, and I think this grant is NC's way of assiting him while employing their own (NC)people. So, you need to blame Ohio if blame needs to be made.
And NC is a right to work state whereas Ohio is not. Average wage, and cost of living, is less. I would imagine some of the people at Baja could get jobs in NC if they are willing to work for less. Cleveland is the fastest shrinking city in the nation, even worse than Detroit.

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I'm sure the good people of North Carolina are going to be just thrilled to know their tax dollars will be going to subsidize this guy's racing hobby.
Welfare is welfare no matter how it's handed out. However, jobs and the taxes payrolls generate, are important so in these times, welfare to the businesses, taxes from the employees.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:52 PM
Registered

I was thinking along the same lines here, but also I have to wonder if those same people know about all the non english speaking Mexicans he has working there for peanuts. A buddie of mine was there for the big factory sale and was given a"VIP" tour and thats all he saw working there, or how bout them out back pluck'n chickens on there break for dinner, I think maybe the tax payers need to take an unanounced tour of there own
Old 07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmic12
I was thinking along the same lines here, but also I have to wonder if those same people know about all the non english speaking Mexicans he has working there for peanuts. A buddie of mine was there for the big factory sale and was given a"VIP" tour and thats all he saw working there, or how bout them out back pluck'n chickens on there break for dinner, I think maybe the tax payers need to take an unanounced tour of there own
The taxpayers will just eat up the company line and the State's PR. Simply amazing how long it takes for these things to be found out. The Dell repatriation of overseas cash and the "jobs" in NC was priceless. Taxpayers generally pay 100 cents on the dollar to get 1% back. The incentives aren't taxable as income, and the promises are generally shallow.

In this case, just one more nail in the Ohio coffin, and an uncertain future for the Baja brand. Shareholders are likely screwed anyway.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Registered

Not a fan of his ridiculous crap, but if it puts people to work...

Besides - if tax money goes to work here, it isn't wasted elsewhere. You gotta admit he does put people to work.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:07 PM
Registered

Better that than crown fried chicken and the local package goods store
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Registered

You gotta give the guy credit, when the chips are down he rolls up his sleeves and gets to work !

Quick Reply: Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.