Old 07-24-2008, 08:41 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

I want a grant.....
Old 07-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so taking people off the street in NC that never laid a boat up is better than taking people from ohio that built boats for a living maybe some corn will grow out the side of fountains and bajas for 09 no thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Never been a fan of the man or the boats and I have known him for years.....BUT!

I have to hand it to the little guy.......

He's always been a consumate hustler and a tireless self promoter...and ,.....for a change,..... something actually good is happening as a result....People will be employed in a down economy. (Let's face it. The people in Ohio were going to lose their jobs anyway as Baja closed down...but the North Carolina opportunity is a new life).

Every now and then you have to give credit where it is due......

Please Reggie don't p!ss it all away on trying to manipulate and control offshore racing again......

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 07-24-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by fountain4play
Ya know what it's all sour grapes for some people...They don't like Fountain Boats or Reggie Fountain.

Any issues you have with him buying Baja from Brunswick are B.S....If a buyer wasn't found Baja would have faded away like so many other boat builders...

If you want to be P.O. at someone you should be looking at Brunswick's management and not the person who bought this line to bolster his own....

I read on here all the time that people just don't like Reggie or his ego that's fine but to just bash someone who will be putting people to work is ludicrous...

At least he has the balls to buy a company that obviously wasn't profitable and take it on during a period where boat sales are dwindling and all some people can do is through baseless comments showing their ignorance or jealously for doing something they only wished they had the resources and business sense to accomplish...

If this sounds a little harsh so be it..I've owned a Fountain and it was one of the best boats I've ever owned and will make no apologies to anyone...
you hit the nail right on the head....so true.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:49 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

My humble impression of this Baja thing is that Brunswick forced him to take the Baja outfit... (the name only I guess for not much money if any) so they could sh!tcan the people in Ohio and blame it on Fountain Power Boat.

FPB has basically been on a breathing apparatus from Brunswick/Mercury for a LONG while.

Can't blame them they are in business to make money.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 771 Likes on 352 Posts

I have a sincere question, and I will preface it by saying that it would be a blow to the industry to see an icon of powerboating go out of business - you never want to see anyone fail.

Question: How many of you avid supporters own FPB stock or, more importantly, are planning on buying it soon?

In light of the new and used powerboating market, general economy, and a host of other factors related to lending, fuel, disposable income, etc... I don't think that many people who took an objective look at their balance sheet or financials, even after the 12M cash infusion would be terribly confident.

And yes, if I lived in N.C. I would be pisssed that my tax money went to bail out a company in the private sector that manufactures boats for the wealthy. If it was privatized energy, or utility, or food, that is one thing, but to use tax money to bail out a manufacturer of one of the ultimate indulgences - that just seems absurd.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Reggie bought Baja and will probably run it under a different corporation number so when it or if it goes down he won't lose Fountain, but if it is a money maker he will milk it so he can play. The only thing I don't like is he gets $12 mil from the state of N.C. (which you know he lined up way before this was a done deal) I guess it is good as a business decision but I fell the state is getting a bad deal, I dought the state will get there money back in the form of taxes. It would have been nice to offer some people in Ohio a transfer if they want to move a lot would not take the offer because of what ever reason. As far as the average salary goes some will get paid huge money and most won't get the state average. I am not a fan of either brand but I hope they both make it since it is good for the whole industry. Just my .02
Old 07-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered

Fantastic news! Makes me totally forget about all of us in Ohio that lost jobs!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
so taking people off the street in NC that never laid a boat up is better than taking people from ohio that built boats for a living maybe some corn will grow out the side of fountains and bajas for 09 no thanks.
It is my understanding that Baja was going to go under anyway (only a matter of time), so everyone would have lost their jobs anyway.

At the end of the day it would make more business sense to build both boats in one plant. I'm sure some of the same equip can be used and synergies can be realized in a single plant.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Fantastic news! Makes me totally forget about all of us in Ohio that lost jobs!
Sorry to hear that....was there any sort of offer where current employees could be relocated to the NC campus?

Quick Reply: Reggie Fountain Can't be Put Down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.