Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Yacht Delivery (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/191778-yacht-delivery.html)

Shawn D 07-23-2008 08:04 PM

Yacht Delivery

3 Attachment(s)
This was E-mailed to me today.
I am sure it is old but funny (not so funny for someone)

Anyone hear the real story?

Subject: Yacht Delivery

65' custom-built, motor yacht complete with staterooms, a state-of-the-art galley, G.P.S. system and radar for navigation, twin supercharged diesel engines, etc.

$1,200,000

Champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries with cream, and music dockside for the excited 'soon-to-be-owners' and a small group of friends.

$500.00

Two corporate representatives, boat, crane, and rigging complete with faulty turnbuckle.
$2,500/hour

(Note the guy on the stern!)

Watching your dreamboat nose dive into the harbor, accompanied by two corporate representatives just prior to 'inking' the final paperwork...

PRICELESS!

Open up the middle pic, check out the guy hanging on the stern.

wrinkleface 07-23-2008 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn D (Post 2633047)
This was E-mailed to me today.
I am sure it is old but funny (not so funny for someone)

Anyone hear the real story?

Subject: Yacht Delivery

65' custom-built, motor yacht complete with staterooms, a state-of-the-art galley, G.P.S. system and radar for navigation, twin supercharged diesel engines, etc.

$1,200,000

Champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries with cream, and music dockside for the excited 'soon-to-be-owners' and a small group of friends.

$500.00

Two corporate representatives, boat, crane, and rigging complete with faulty turnbuckle.
$2,500/hour

(Note the guy on the stern!)

Watching your dreamboat nose dive into the harbor, accompanied by two corporate representatives just prior to 'inking' the final paperwork...

PRICELESS!

That happened in Boyne City!!!!!:party-smiley-004:

nova26 07-23-2008 09:51 PM

That's crazy! Pucker factor I bet was pretty high on that ride.

fatdaddy 07-23-2008 10:18 PM

:eek:

Blue Oval 07-24-2008 07:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Did you see this on I-75 last weekend.A friend rented a 32ft. trailer for the family vacation,only made it as far as Grayling.

Blue Oval 07-24-2008 07:13 AM

Greg is in the tan shirt with the cap on,he is trying to find the rest of his case of beer!

Summer Heat 07-24-2008 07:15 AM

Actually there are two dudes riding this one out. You can see the others arm, port side hangin on for dear life

JB4Boyne 07-24-2008 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Oval (Post 2633416)
Greg is in the tan shirt with the cap on,he is trying to find the rest of his case of beer!

Bob,
We need to get a bunch of guys together this weekend and go out to the state park late at night and everyone get on a corner of his newly rented camper and give him another good shaken:evilb:
I bet he would chit himself:hitfan:

Shawn D 07-24-2008 09:12 PM

Bob, What happened? just go off the road or did the trailer come unhitched?

JB, Niceguy

Wrink, you mean at Boyne Thunder? cuz I'm sure there was some stuffin done that day.

As far as the yacht launch, Tough deal, glad everyone seemed to be ok. Yeah those two dudes took one h*ll of a ride. just thought I'd share it.

JB4Boyne 07-25-2008 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shawn D (Post 2634297)
JB, Niceguy

Hey, what are friends for:ernaehrung004: