Notices

Fountain/Scism Mti,s

Old 07-26-2008, 12:15 PM
1CE
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

G, how u-doin ? yep that's Sammy Carrebetta's (spelling last name ? ) boat. He's been runnin out of Old Saybrook for years. He has had many diff. boats over the years Cig's, Sutphen' Big Cougar 46' v-bottom w-triples to name a few. In fact the 46' was called "Plain Vanilla" because it was totally plain white inside outside engines etc. Later painted in yellow, aqua, fushia etc. looked real sharp ! G-call me. -

Last edited by 1CE; 08-04-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
1CE
Registered

G, speakin of cats that Cougar in the OSO class-sec. was @ 125k took it down to 115k now @ 225k what's up w-that ?
Old 08-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of these will do 130mph or so with 12 people riding.

That's a lot of lifelines.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 42's built by Fountain, say "Fountain/Scism" on the logos. To my knowledge they were all the Stand up version of the 42. Not many produced I actually always thought it would be sweet to have one, very rare fast boat.

WILL
Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

My buddy has an 04 with 900's and the BPM/rudder setup like Rare Breed. Runs 125 no sweat with 3/4 tanks and 6 people on board. Runs like it's on rails at 100+. The 1200's should send it quite a bit higher than 130.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Some people get a little confused on this, but it is actually very straight forward. ALL the boats came from MTI molds, and all have the same lines. Reggie wanted to get into the cat business and Randy was just getting his company started. So they partned up for a very short time. Reggie got a set of molds from Randy to build the boats from. Randy was going to build all the 900hp boats and Reggie would build the stock stuff, That didn't happen as Reggie built several 900 boats. The only real differences are that some of the Fountain built MTI's were a little heavy, and Reggie played with the drive placement. This lead to some un happy customers. Reggie also built a race boat or two, these were also heavy, but ran well with bigger power.
And yes Rare Breed was built entirely at MTI.
I had the 3rd boat that Randy built and it ran great. 900SC's it ran 125-130.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bmanafort
That is Sammys boat, a 42 fountain/scism cat with twin 900's. He had it repainted not to long ago, looks a lot more like an MTI now than when it was first built.
Boat in Old Saybrook...
Attached Thumbnails Fountain/Scism Mti,s-sammycat.jpg  
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by 44MTI
Some people get a little confused on this, but it is actually very straight forward. ALL the boats came from MTI molds, and all have the same lines. Reggie wanted to get into the cat business and Randy was just getting his company started. So they partned up for a very short time. Reggie got a set of molds from Randy to build the boats from. Randy was going to build all the 900hp boats and Reggie would build the stock stuff, That didn't happen as Reggie built several 900 boats. The only real differences are that some of the Fountain built MTI's were a little heavy, and Reggie played with the drive placement. This lead to some un happy customers. Reggie also built a race boat or two, these were also heavy, but ran well with bigger power.
And yes Rare Breed was built entirely at MTI.
I had the 3rd boat that Randy built and it ran great. 900SC's it ran 125-130.
So were all the Fountain boats branded Fountain/Scism or would some have been MTI branded? When did the agreement start and end?
Old 08-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 156 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Boat in Old Saybrook...
Yep that be the one!

Any more photos????Its deck and swim platform look nothing
like the others shown.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:39 AM
Registered

I believe that the one Woodsy has on his website, an 01 with 780's in it is one of the original MTI/Fountain combos. If you look at some of the pics that were on his website of it, they say Fountain on the cabin interior. I talked with the owner of it a few times, great guy, said it was just a bit heavy and he had struggled with some drive problems originally because Reggie was building the smaller hp versions, i.e. bravo drives in several applications. Awesome boats. Randy's father in law had the blue/grey one at the docks for the shootout several years ago with his donovan 900's and it was gorgeous. Same boat came by us about a year later at the fun run for the shootout at over 100 mph with 8-10 people in it like it was on rails.

Quick Reply: Fountain/Scism Mti,s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.