Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Charlevoix Venitian Fest Pic Thread 2008!!!!! >

Charlevoix Venitian Fest Pic Thread 2008!!!!!

Notices

Charlevoix Venitian Fest Pic Thread 2008!!!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freeryd
Torch Lake is cursed!!!!!! Or at least I Curse at it! First time there a few years ago I had nothing but problems. LOL Just come on up to Lake Charlevoix for labor day. Most of the guys here are home bodies and don't like to venture off our lake. Then again, why would they?!?!?! It's just as clear as torch, just as pretty as torch.....but WARM!
Great launches on Lake Char. w/ access 2 Lake Mich!!!!!!!!!!! Launches I have seen on Torch leave a hole lot 2 B desired!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Great launches on Lake Char. w/ access 2 Lake Mich!!!!!!!!!!! Launches I have seen on Torch leave a hole lot 2 B desired!!!!
Tracey/Wrink, I know what you mean about Torch....not really much to hoot about, but I must admit it's a nice place to hang out on with its famous "sand bar" and just generally seems to be a hot spot for boaters. I pretty much go to Torch Lake because I can access it from Elk Lake and going through the Torch River....which adds some variety/spice to the scenery. I also like Torch Lake's "sand bar" which will accomodate at least what looks like 2 hundred boats minimum. Also, lots of speedsters go there and I like to see all the boat hardware.

Are there any spots in Lake Charlevoix that are nice hang outs with lots of boats like the "sand bar" at Torch? I really like the shallow spot at Round Lake, but very limited to a number of boats---but it's a beautiful spot to hang out. Also, I have to admit the city launch ramp at Charlevoix is a great launch!

I also like Marion/Power Island in Grand Traverse Bay. Never been there until I did the Nothern Michigan Fun Run from Charleviox into GTB, North Point, Suttons Bay, TC, and then breaking for lunch at Marion/Power Island. I had so much fun running with everyone. It was a gorgeous day! I have really grown to love all the water ways up north. It makes boating down here seem kinda dull---that is for sure!
Old 08-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Tracey/Wrink, I know what you mean about Torch....not really much to hoot about, but I must admit it's a nice place to hang out on with its famous "sand bar" and just generally seems to be a hot spot for boaters. I pretty much go to Torch Lake because I can access it from Elk Lake and going through the Torch River....which adds some variety/spice to the scenery. I also like Torch Lake's "sand bar" which will accomodate at least what looks like 2 hundred boats minimum. Also, lots of speedsters go there and I like to see all the boat hardware.

Are there any spots in Lake Charlevoix that are nice hang outs with lots of boats like the "sand bar" at Torch? I really like the shallow spot at Round Lake, but very limited to a number of boats---but it's a beautiful spot to hang out. Also, I have to admit the city launch ramp at Charlevoix is a great launch!

I also like Marion/Power Island in Grand Traverse Bay. Never been there until I did the Nothern Michigan Fun Run from Charleviox into GTB, North Point, Suttons Bay, TC, and then breaking for lunch at Marion/Power Island. I had so much fun running with everyone. It was a gorgeous day! I have really grown to love all the water ways up north. It makes boating down here seem kinda dull---that is for sure!
No doubt about it noise boy, Torch is gorgeous! Just the limited access sux!
Old 08-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=KAAMA;2648862]

Dude, Alot of boats anchor/raft up in Oyster Bay, kind of the second "area" just northeast of the Char. coastie station! Some down by Young state park just west of Boyne!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's that little Cove between Char and Ironton? Sequanota or something like that?!?! That's not a bad spot at all, but for some reason we never go there anymore. Wierd. Anyways, the beach in front of Young St. Park is nice, and just around the pt to BC is Glenwood Beach. That's another very popular hangout. And then you got Horton Bay...not really a beach spot, but it gets you outta the winds!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Freeryd
What's that little Cove between Char and Ironton? Sequanota or something like that?!?! That's not a bad spot at all, but for some reason we never go there anymore. Wierd. Anyways, the beach in front of Young St. Park is nice, and just around the pt to BC is Glenwood Beach. That's another very popular hangout. And then you got Horton Bay...not really a beach spot, but it gets you outta the winds!
Yip, Sequanata (SP) Bay, very nice if the wind is OK!!!
Old 08-11-2008, 10:44 AM

Last year we went to the sand bar,we put in at Dewitt Marine.Very nice people,best ramp I have found down there.If you have anything bigger then a 29ft you won't be able to make the turn into the ramp.If you are up in Lake Charlevoix don't forget Holy Island is a good place to get out of the wind sometimes.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

We like to hang at Whiting park. Its across from Youngs.
Nice beach and sandy bottom.
We also like Harbor Springs, its a nice ride and they have great docks and good ice cream. Lots of boats at the light house there.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
Registered

My parents home is just north of the Day park in Torch Lake Township, I know I have seen plenty of 35 footers go in there. I see the Dry Harbour folks using that to launch there bigger formulas.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Blue Oval
Holy Island is a good place to get out of the wind sometimes.
No dought!