Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nada boat values? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192054-nada-boat-values.html)

nova26 07-28-2008 10:03 AM

Nada boat values?

When booking out a boat how important is it to add options? Should you just put the power of the boat in and get value?
Or should I be adding things like trim tabs, fridge, generator, ect?

pkspx 07-28-2008 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by nova26 (Post 2636671)
When booking out a boat how important is it to add options? Should you just put the power of the boat in and get value?

I never price with the options. Try boat/us pricing. suppose to be a little more accurate. http://www.boatus.com/buyer/valueform.asp

DollaBill 07-28-2008 10:17 AM

Always check 2 guides and maybe a contact in the biz. Don't add options just the boat and power. Most options are "must haves" and things like electronics are outdated after a year and add no value anyway

tblrklakemo 07-28-2008 10:40 AM

Only add the options if they are indeed options when building the boat new. Example....fountains come with k-planes and full external dual ram steering standard. Thats not something you can then add as an option that will bump up price when compared with similar boats that dont come with those standard.

BAJA WILL 07-28-2008 11:06 AM

Add options well lets think about it, would you add for a convertable car?? How about a Z06 package on a Vette??? Yes add the options, unless you are only shopping stripped boats!!!!!!!!!!

K-Planes, depthfinders, Removable Carpet, full covers, Oh and lets not forget TRAILERS (their not free), Motors, Props, Built in AC, Heads, Shore power, Hydrolic Steering, Power Bolsters, and on>>>>>>>>>>>

That all being said condition of the boat should weight a big part of value also.

I guess its a little sore subject for me, we order all of our boats nicely equiped, and a few times a year I will have people price our equiped boat againist a stripped piecs of fiberglass with a prop. Then the quote come in "I want your boat but at their price, can you match it" Nope. Options can end up being a significant part of the price.

WILL:ernaehrung004:

H20 Toie 07-28-2008 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by nova26 (Post 2636671)

I would only add the options if i wanted a true value of the boat.

What is worth more a basic boat with no trailer or a loaded boat with trailer?

mr.boat 07-28-2008 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL (Post 2636752)
Add options well lets think about it, would you add for a convertable car?? How about a Z06 package on a Vette??? Yes add the options, unless you are only shopping stripped boats!!!!!!!!!!

K-Planes, depthfinders, Removable Carpet, full covers, Oh and lets not forget TRAILERS (their not free), Motors, Props, Built in AC, Heads, Shore power, Hydrolic Steering, Power Bolsters, and on>>>>>>>>>>>

That all being said condition of the boat should weight a big part of value also.

I guess its a little sore subject for me, we order all of our boats nicely equiped, and a few times a year I will have people price our equiped boat againist a stripped piecs of fiberglass with a prop. Then the quote come in "I want your boat but at their price, can you match it" Nope. Options can end up being a significant part of the price.

WILL:ernaehrung004:

or my least favorite match the 6.2 price with my 496 ho. hard times for a boat pimp.

nova26 07-28-2008 12:29 PM

How often Nada up date there boats on the web site? Every 30days?

florida gator 07-28-2008 12:45 PM

I have only bought preowned boats. I print without options for negotiating with the seller and print with all options when negotiating with the (soon to be ex) wife:drink:

berns29scarab 07-28-2008 01:36 PM

market values right now are about nada trade NO OPTIONS less 20%