Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Help! Is Monster Marine the old Trick Marine? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192066-help-monster-marine-old-trick-marine.html)

boatnt 07-28-2008 05:25 PM

If you do order from Monster Marine, let us know how the service is.

ActiveThunder 07-28-2008 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by getreal (Post 2637109)
Why would anyone boycott them? If Monster did in fact receive the site for payment due, is sounds like he was the smartest one of all. Fred got me for almost 2K, I wrote it off as bad debt. Everyone should just move on, use the energy to better yourself, karma a funny thing, time will tell.

Please give me a contact number. I have used your fills and need parts plus I liked your fills.

Pat

getreal 07-28-2008 06:14 PM

805-968-6122

klaw 07-28-2008 07:08 PM

my dealings with elite marine have been good

kevinr 07-28-2008 09:45 PM

so fred is gone, im been busy with twins hant heard this

32fever 07-29-2008 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by kevinr (Post 2637606)
so fred is gone, im been busy with twins hant heard this

Me too, busy with kids and not on line as much. I remember, when I was more active, quite a few folks seemed to kiss up to Fred. The power of hiding behind a screen......

Chris Sunkin 07-29-2008 08:03 AM

There was a time that Fred was "one of us", a regular participant on the board who was going to take a stab at becoming a performance parts distributor. His prices were, to put it bluntly, dirt cheap. Sometimes his delivery wasn't great but there are people who are willing to wait in exchange for a deep discount. But people supported his effort.

Turns out it was a pyramid scheme and Fred was a crook. It's easy to be upstanding and ethical when you're knee-deep in dough. It's tougher when you're going broke- Fred proved that. It's probably unfair to be critical of people being defensive of one of their own that's trying to make a go of it. His support went away quickly when it became apparent what he was doing.

wrinkleface 07-29-2008 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2637871)
There was a time that Fred was "one of us", a regular participant on the board who was going to take a stab at becoming a performance parts distributor. His prices were, to put it bluntly, dirt cheap. Sometimes his delivery wasn't great but there are people who are willing to wait in exchange for a deep discount. But people supported his effort.

Turns out it was a pyramid scheme and Fred was a crook. It's easy to be upstanding and ethical when you're knee-deep in dough. It's tougher when you're going broke- Fred proved that. It's probably unfair to be critical of people being defensive of one of their own that's trying to make a go of it. His support went away quickly when it became apparent what he was doing.

Thanx Reg 4 explaning!!!!!!:ernaehrung004:

C_Spray 07-29-2008 09:32 AM

When I searched for an Isotta steering wheel, Monster Marine came up with the best posted price. I ordered it from them and got it 4 days later. No problems whatsoever.