Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What draws you to the brand boat you have? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19208-what-draws-you-brand-boat-you-have.html)

MrCIG 03-01-2002 05:57 PM

Mattyboy,
As ClassCig38 (my wife) said I do still have my 69 18' Donzi 2+3
I have as much fun if not more on that boat as my 38 Cig. They are the best riding 18 foot boat I ever rode in. I use it on Lake Michigan all the time. And those that have been on the big lake know it can get rough, but I always made it back to the ramp. What ever you do don't sell it. Its like having an old corvette.

Shanghied Again 03-01-2002 06:20 PM

Donzi

1 Attachment(s)
I always loved them, My dad had one and its the name the resale and no matter were you go everyone knows what a Donzi is, Its funny people that don't know boats no Donzis because of they always show up on TV or the Movies, Charlies Angels, Spy Kids and Nash Bridges, also years ago they showed up in James Bond Movie, Just like Cigarette and Scarab.

Iggy 03-01-2002 07:23 PM

After two seasons of playing on the jet-ski's the wife suggested we start looking for a boat. Maybe spend a season just looking around.
That same day we spotted this Formula F-206 LS for sale in a Walmart parking lot . The wife fell in love with it. Called the owner and aranged to meet him to go out for a trial. That's all it took. We made him an offer that day and picked it up a week later.
So much for looking.
We like the way she rode, handled and it's styling.
The more I look at Formula's, the more I like them.

BODYSHOT1 03-01-2002 07:32 PM

kinda in between right now..just sold my 22 Velocity..great boat..fast, lotsa fun..perfect to get me in the "game" with the NJ Offshore and NJPPC folks....:)

looks like we're going to a 30 Sutphen to go Racin!...fast, safe & a classic!!

:cool:

Donzi Corleone 03-01-2002 07:40 PM

The lines(streamline) 2)The hull (stepped) 3)Reputation 4)Graphics...sometimes what u lack in HP u gain in looks.:cool:

Flood 03-01-2002 07:42 PM

Originally posted by Wally
1984 Wellcraft ScarabII
The price was right and it looked good! :D
And with a few personall touches its all mine!! hahaha!!! :D

Wally,

That's one good looking setup.:eek:

As far as picking a boat, I would have to say Price!! Used Baja are great for the money.

kaamacat 03-01-2002 07:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looked for something different to keep me busy.

Hot Boat 03-01-2002 09:40 PM

Kaamacat I never knew that Wellcraft made a cat. It looks really classic. Tell us a bit about it.

DONZIMAN2 03-01-2002 09:53 PM

These are great looking boats. The Wellcraft Cat is interesting. What Year is it?

boatinbill 03-01-2002 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks, ride, comfort, speed, resale value (for when I trade up)

I looked at a lot of used boats 3-10 years old, the Formulas were always in the best shape.

1999 27 Formula with a 500EFI