Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Performance v.s Comfort (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192166-performance-v-s-comfort.html)

Downtown42 07-29-2008 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2638429)
Has she seen a late model FULL CABIN 37/38/39 foot boat with 5'6" of headroom/stand up head, with shower, hot water, vacu-flush toilet: Heat/AC, microwave, flatscreen TV/DVD, refrigerator, 6'8" V-berth, AND 17 defined storage compartments?

Do you want to show her one? I can help. :D

They may not be quite as big, but they can be as well appointed and plush. A little Tommy Bahama maybe?

Don't do the AT !! :evilb:

Then you'll have homo seating and she'll be screaming in your left ear to slow down :eek::angry-smiley-038:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...T42cockpit.jpg

cosmic12 07-29-2008 04:02 PM

[QUOTE=Downtown42;2638504]Don't do the AT !! :evilb:

Then you'll have homo seating and she'll be screaming in your left ear to slow down :eek::angry-smiley-038:
Now thats funny there:rolleyes: You can make the choice yourself on center or side entry. Side entry makes for a bigger cabin. Funny that O.L. and N.T. all have the side entry. Must be doing something right. I went the Sea Ray route foe the wife and she never used the shower galley or anything that it had over a performance boat and *****ed about how long it took to get somewhere. BUT she wouldn't listen to me in the first place, we are always wrong, needless to say it was gone after 2 summers:mad:

Sydwayz 07-29-2008 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 2638504)
Don't do the AT !! :evilb:

Dude, you sold that slug? I can't believe it. What's all that around the windscreen? Pop rivets? :D

I kinda like the boats with side/side bolsters. I get to work the two sticks put in the boat for me; at the same time she works the stick I put in the boat for her! :party-smiley-004:

Jassman 07-29-2008 04:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
What you need to do is get her in a larger type V-bottom. There are only a handful of real boats like this on the market. A boat with real headroom 6'3" plus where she can walk from one end to the other. A boat with over knighting amenities, show her the micro, fridge, full walk in head w/shower, macerator, storage area's above and below. TV/DVD, sink, icebox and full galley. A boat with a slightly larger beam 9' will accommodate 8 of your friends in comfort..Lastly, a boat with style, quality, and excellent customer service and still towable behind a doolie pick up....there is really only one model that does it all, and still attains an excellent, soft ride with decent speed...A 43 Nor-Tech:D If you ever need to check one out, just pm me.

BDARCHER 07-29-2008 04:34 PM

The wife and all her friends love the my BT46 EC water condo. It doesnt get much better 6 ft 10 head room. We had 14 people aboard for a little 140 mile cruise on the Miss river. Now is the best time to buy. If your ever through memphis, stop and take a look.

Quinlan 07-29-2008 04:47 PM

I bought an older cruzier w the all the amenities and a 14'6' beam, it will be paid off in 12 months then I B STEPPEN UP to a TWIN STEP!!!
Q.

Semper Fi 07-29-2008 04:53 PM

I think the larger (40'+ boats) are the way to go...like the OL, Nor-Tech, A/T, etc... I LOVE Cigarettes, but they don't have cabin amenities that compare with these others.

The "ultimate" way to go may be H20's way - with 2 boats, but that can be expensive.

Semper Fi 07-29-2008 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2638567)
What you need to do is get her in a larger type V-bottom. There are only a handful of real boats like this on the market. A boat with real headroom 6'3" plus where she can walk from one end to the other. A boat with over knighting amenities, show her the micro, fridge, full walk in head w/shower, macerator, storage area's above and below. TV/DVD, sink, icebox and full galley. A boat with a slightly larger beam 9' will accommodate 8 of your friends in comfort..Lastly, a boat with style, quality, and excellent customer service and still towable behind a doolie pick up....there is really only one model that does it all, and still attains an excellent, soft ride with decent speed...A 43 Nor-Tech:D If you ever need to check one out, just pm me.

SWEET boat Jassman- are you still thinking of buying a Cobra? :)

VtSteve 07-29-2008 05:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Why choose? This one can handle lots of peeps. It has a reasonably wide beam, seems to be powered OK.

http://www.nor-techboats.com/boats.php?id=1&type=yac

LV 07-29-2008 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw (Post 2638603)
I bought an older cruzier w the all the amenities and a 14'6' beam, it will be paid off in 12 months then I B STEPPEN UP to a TWIN STEP!!!
Q.

Q, you havnt put 30 min. on the 29 outlaw since you bought the barge, I know where your heart is.