Notices

LOTO Poker Run

Old 07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Dirty Duck 1

Default LOTO Poker Run

As for the poker run at Lake of the Ozarks (LOTO), it was a fun event -- some really nice people and boats, great food, and pretty ladies. A hearty thank you to all who made it happen!

It was the Dirty Duck’s day as The Duck was first at the first stop. In an effort to stop the spin on how this happened, here is a first hand factual testimony.

Duck was last to leave the start (19 mm.,) caught up with the first flight, ran with them a bit while the two MTIs checked out. Duck left the pack and steadily gained on the MTIs (I don’t think they knew we were closing on them) About the 31 mile marker, Shocker looked like they had come off plane but appeared to be going again when we passed them. McCaully in 39 MTI had booked. We passed him about the 33 mm at high 140’s. We slowed down to low 140s, and Greg passed us. We repeated this scenario two more times. We passed Greg a total of three times; whenever we saw speeds of 148 to 152. Greg has a beautiful boat, very fast, and he is a fierce competitor always difficult to pass! He certainly never “slowed down” and allowed us to pass as one spin doctor suggested. It was just our day! After the third time we passed Greg, (somewhere about the 45 mm.) he never challenged us again. Greg McCaully and I are neighbors, have been good friends for over two decades and deep down he knows this is true. Hopefully this will clarify any spin that is being put on the poker run.

Sincerely,
Slug Hefner

P.S. Thanks for all the positive comments on the new Duck. Pictures are coming.

Old 07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I thought the only competing at Poker Runs was for the hottest women and best cards?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on a good run slug and thanks for taking the time to come on here and clear things up. I never meant to put any spin on anything or take away from your day. I appologize if it came out that way.
Now get those pics up for us all to see.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Duck 1
As for the poker run at Lake of the Ozarks (LOTO), it was a fun event -- some really nice people and boats, great food, and pretty ladies. A hearty thank you to all who made it happen!

It was the Dirty Duck’s day as The Duck was first at the first stop. In an effort to stop the spin on how this happened, here is a first hand factual testimony.

Duck was last to leave the start (19 mm.,) caught up with the first flight, ran with them a bit while the two MTIs checked out. Duck left the pack and steadily gained on the MTIs (I don’t think they knew we were closing on them) About the 31 mile marker, Shocker looked like they had come off plane but appeared to be going again when we passed them. McCaully in 39 MTI had booked. We passed him about the 33 mm at high 140’s. We slowed down to low 140s, and Greg passed us. We repeated this scenario two more times. We passed Greg a total of three times; whenever we saw speeds of 148 to 152. Greg has a beautiful boat, very fast, and he is a fierce competitor always difficult to pass! He certainly never “slowed down” and allowed us to pass as one spin doctor suggested. It was just our day! After the third time we passed Greg, (somewhere about the 45 mm.) he never challenged us again. Greg McCaully and I are neighbors, have been good friends for over two decades and deep down he knows this is true. Hopefully this will clarify any spin that is being put on the poker run.

Sincerely,
Slug Hefner

P.S. Thanks for all the positive comments on the new Duck. Pictures are coming.
Congratz SLUG See ya at the shootout
ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Like all the Poker Run chairmen and safety directors "ALWAYS" remind everyone...>>

It's a "Poker RUN" NOT A RACE...
You got a wining hand.. you got bragging rights.

That's being said. If I could get to 150+MPH I would be braggin a bit to.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:53 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations Slug! Beutiful boat and obviously gr8 running too. That being said, now tell me, why were ALL the No-Wake Buoys still floating after you went by?
Old 07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts

Congrat's Slug! I can't wait to see the new ride. I can't believe that anyone would say that Randy and Greg are competitive

Welcome to this OSO nuthouse that we call home
Old 07-29-2008, 04:25 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Duck 1
He certainly never “slowed down” and allowed us to pass as one spin doctor suggested.

That's just one of the new excuses these days. Someone always slowed down to wait, thought it was over, got lost, had the wrong props, or drain plugs, etc..... so congrats on having none of the above AND a beautiful new boat!

Racing/running around with your buddies at a poker run is no different than any typical Saturday for us. It's just a fresh crop of boats to play with at a different venue usually. Why would anyone want a fast boat or car if you can't go do what it's built to do, ESPECIALLY with a few others?? The actual poker cards have never been the reason most people attend. They're just a fun added bonus to a boating rally, and buying extra hands or draw cards earn more money for the charity...that's it. They have rallycross races all the time at car events for guys that never take them out of the garage. Same goes for motorcycle rallys. Enough whining about guys playing with their toys.

Last edited by BLee; 07-29-2008 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KiloKat
Congratulations Slug! Beutiful boat and obviously gr8 running too. That being said, now tell me, why were ALL the No-Wake Buoys still floating after you went by?
Now thats funny right there I dont care who you are........

Quote: Now what I'm gonna do is dive in behind that sucker....here I go.....end quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

McCaully in 39 MTI had booked. We passed him about the 33 mm at high 140’s. We slowed down to low 140s, and Greg passed us. We repeated this scenario two more times. We passed Greg a total of three times; whenever we saw speeds of 148 to 152. Greg has a beautiful boat, very fast, and he is a fierce competitor always difficult to pass! He certainly never “slowed down” and allowed us to pass as one spin doctor suggested. It was just our day!

So I guess what you are saying you slowed down 3 times to allow him to take off on you but you were just palying with him. NICE.

What boat do you like better after owning both? Skater or MTI?

Quick Reply: LOTO Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.