Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Another Claudios question (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192300-another-claudios-question.html)

prosno 07-30-2008 07:35 PM

Another Claudios question

Everytime I go to Claudios I bring four to five people and spend big $$$$ on food and drink, when I dock, the dock boy says ( A dollar a foot ) so I hand over 24 bucks everytime I dock, shouldnt it be free if your eating there???
I'm not cheap and dont mind tipping the dock hand well but paying a buck a foot to spend more money there?
Tell me whats up:party-smiley-004:

beamog 07-30-2008 07:45 PM

Thats usually why when we go there, we either hang in the boat and drink (if docked at claudios) or use Mitchell Marina. Its a bit cheaper especially if youre only spending part of the day. Get your drink on, then walk down to first street (i think its called) and hit one of the better restaurants. If you're going to pay claudios prices, then go get a better meal a block away. Similar prices, and better food. Plus, no crazy crowds.

plumbers crack 07-30-2008 08:19 PM

$1.00 a foot is a gift,it separates the buyers from the free loaders. That place has minimal dockage as it is.I hated it when we would go there see the place crankin and not be able to get a spot.Some people would just pull up and leave there boat there.

At ocean beach,flynns,ect you would pay fifty bucks then get a voucher for free drinks or get your money back at dinner.Im not callin ya cheap but there's always a reason why they have a policy.Sundays where the bomb at that place whats it like now?

prosno 07-31-2008 03:08 AM

Last year like you stated it was the bomb for sure, this year very slow-nothing like last year.
Matter of fact the day of the tri state poker run it was slow, plenty of docking space available, gotta be fuel prices

beamog 07-31-2008 10:15 AM

Last year saturdays were good. Diverse crowd, good bands, etc....Now, sats are slower and sundays became a biker spot. I ride, but still, those people are a lil less than receptive to others. Im sure they're nice, but the ladies get a bit intimidated by the 5'7" chick who bench pressed 250 lbs, and in leather shorts. ;o)

Pure Energy 07-31-2008 11:40 AM

I've never paid to dock. They tried charging a couple of times over the yrs but always gave up because they had to chase people who they didn't see dock. I know they charge for the parking lot, but you get a voucher to spend inside. They should do the same thing for the boats. It is costly enough to use the boat and I will never pay to dock at a restaurant to eat and drink. I'm sure the dock help are not getting the tips they used to.

It is definately a fun destination though!!

plumbers crack 07-31-2008 02:57 PM

There was a biker chic there who had huge tatoo's of tigers up and down her legs.she still around?

Not that she was hot just freaky,,

Im talking like 5-10 yrs ago that place was great havent been there in at least 3yrs.Alot of memories until the water cops started there crackdown.

prosno 07-31-2008 02:57 PM

I personaly think its bullshat, if I'm bringing people there and eating and drinking there we should dock free, although tip the dock attendant.
If your docking and going shopping then hey pay a dock fee, maybe a voucher for docked boats is a good idea like the parking lot?
I know the docks arent full like last year for sure so I would think they would want tp attract more people not drive them away.

DollaBill 08-01-2008 07:45 PM

Shooters, the top of the food chain in Ft. Lauderdale, doesn't charge but you can bet your sweet azz I peel off a 50, sometimes a 100 when I dock. I get a spot, awesome service and they make room when I call the main "dock boy" on a Sunday at 3 o'clock and tell him I need 40ish feet of space up front.

The buck a foot is a gift