Is boating dead where you are??? >

Is boating dead where you are???

Notices

Is boating dead where you are???

Old 08-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shore Thing
They have to do that to stay in business. They don't have the year round client base that a roadside gas station has.
bullcrap. better to have something than nothing. if they didnt rob u, maybe more people would fuel up more even in tuff times. i know i would go out more on mine if it wasnt 900 bucks to fill up everytime i go out. its on the average 1.20 more on the water here than on the streets. knock the buck off and i save 180 eveytime i fill up. i would go out more. im sure there are alot of people that would do the same thing. and in the long run they would make the same if not more. just my thoughts.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely slowed in Pinellas. Although Shell Island has imposed ridiculous alcohol and noise ordinances, attendance is still way down. The food barge guy said he is not coming anymore.

People are now using a sandbar inside John's Pass channel. Pretty good sized crowd, but still off from the past few years.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LaughingCat
Definitely slowed in Pinellas. Although Shell Island has imposed ridiculous alcohol and noise ordinances, attendance is still way down. The food barge guy said he is not coming anymore.

People are now using a sandbar inside John's Pass channel. Pretty good sized crowd, but still off from the past few years.
Shell Key is another story altogether!
But I've been seeing good, steady boat traffic. I can't say i've noticed any huge impact. Hell, we were at flugtag a couple weeks ago, and there must have been thousands of boats gathered - it rivaled gasparilla.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Flugtag was crazy!. Ended up on land, not boat. Wished we brought the boat. Insane water party.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Registered

Shell key is strictly related to the ban on alcohol. I was there on July 4 and it was empty. I ran all over Pinellas that same day and other places were crowded. Shepards is packed every weekend as well as all the islands to the north.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Boat traffic here on Lake Travis is down overall. There are some weekends that are busy but overall I think that the number of boats on the lake is down. Lots of boats at marinas look like they haven't been used all season, still filthy and covered. There seems to be a lot more people rafting up or just sitting on the water watching and swimming. One question that comes to mind, here in Texas you can keep track of the fuel used in your boat and report it to the state and they will refund the "road tax" portion of the fuel price to you--about .25 per gallon. If an individual can do that you would think that the marinas shouldn't have to pay that tax either. If this is true why isn't this savings passed on to the boater---I wonder
Jay
Old 08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

detroit river ,lake erie is less busy during the weekdays,,,weekend looks to be about the same
Old 08-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I went to visit my aunt and uncle near Norwalk, Ohio last weekend, and took the opportunity to give the child unit a ferry ride over to Put-in-Bay on Saturday. The 'Christmas in July' festival was in full swing, temp was in the 80's, and the marina was wall-to-wall fiberglass. From what little walking I did in the marina, there was plenty of offshores in there as well.
Wished I could have joined in........
Old 08-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

That Flugtag was crazy!. Ended up on land, not boat. Wished we brought the boat. Insane water party.
Ya man, talk about nuts! Good times!
Old 08-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
detroit river ,lake erie is less busy during the weekdays,,,weekend looks to be about the same
Were you out Tuesday evening flying a kite at Dunbar & Sulivan ?

Quick Reply: Is boating dead where you are???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.