Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Buying our first "performance" boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192399-buying-our-first-performance-boat.html)

WakezoneINS 08-02-2008 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by EPKRC (Post 2642440)
Stacy,

From one performance boat insurance agent to another, I have a question. When do you have time to sell insurance with all the posting you do? I'm a long time advertiser on this site and barely have time to monitor it.

Ken Collier
Elton Porter Insurance
"Since 1930"

I really don't think that it is any of your business what I do with my time Ken. Apparently I still do my job.

EPKRC 08-02-2008 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by WakezoneINS (Post 2642738)
I really don't think that it is any of your business what I do with my time Ken. If you want to ask me a personal question, PM me.

Nice to meet you too!

WakezoneINS 08-02-2008 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 2642662)
and, make sure you get a survey done AND an engine inspection.

Oh absolutley... I wouldn't buy a boat without a good inspection and survey.... no way. ;)

WakezoneINS 08-02-2008 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by EPKRC (Post 2642767)
Nice to meet you too!

Absolutely! Same to you. Business is business. If you have personal questions...call me.

Sydwayz 08-02-2008 12:36 PM

Let's give Stacy a break before some pruning needs to take place.

She's more than proven herself here and and has plenty of happy customers via her insurance business. She's respected in the community. If you chose not to share the same opinion, keep it to yourself.

She started a thread asking for advice and opinions on how to go about purchasing something she has not had before. This thread can and will help others in the future who may be a little shy to post such.

I've never met or talked to Stacy, nor am I defending her, nor am I trying to earn brownie points. She's a contributing member of the board, and enough is enough. She also did not ask for any "assistance" on this matter.

spilman 08-02-2008 12:49 PM

Stacy resonded quickly with a very reasonable quote....wrote the policy and saved me hundreds; anyone looking for a decent rate in a hurry should give Wake a shot.
Thanks Stacy,
J.Chris Spilman

Downtown42 08-02-2008 01:50 PM

good post Sydw.

rlj676 08-02-2008 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck (Post 2642359)
I am just on the extreme side of everything being perfect.......the paint job you are referring to is far from it.:traurig001:

:eek:

anasazi 08-02-2008 04:57 PM

Pretty amazing how off-topic and mean spirited some posts are. Regarding the "when do you have time..." comment, that was low class. Hopefully that was in jest but all the same I won't be calling him when I need to review my insurance.

Back on topic though, I have for sale what I consider a step up in entry level perfomance boat. Small enough for the Az. lakes and big enough to overnight on and not get that itch for a bigger boat right away.

Chech out the link. Also it's local.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...stech-93382547

Velocity Vector 08-02-2008 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by EPKRC (Post 2642440)
Stacy,

From one performance boat insurance agent to another, I have a question. When do you have time to sell insurance with all the posting you do? I'm a long time advertiser on this site and barely have time to monitor it.

Ken Collier
Elton Porter Insurance
"Since 1930"

That's a "No Brainer"
She's a woman,
One afternoon a man came home from work to find total mayhem in his
house. His three children were outside, still in their pajamas,
playing in the mud, with empty food boxes and wrappers strewn all
around the front yard. The door of his wife's car was open, as was
the front door to the house.
Proceeding into the entry, he found an even bigger mess. A lamp had
been knocked over, and the throw rug was wadded against one wall. In
the front room the TV was loudly blaring a cartoon channel, and the
family room was strewn with toys and various items of clothing.

In the kitchen, dishes filled the sink, breakfast food was spilled
on the counter, dog food was spilled on the floor, a broken glass
lay under the table, and a small pile of sand was spread by the back
door.

He quickly headed up the stairs, stepping over toys and more piles
of clothes, looking for his wife. He was worried she may be ill, or
that something serious had happened. He found her lounging in the
bedroom, still curled in the bed in her pajamas, reading a novel.
She looked up at him, smiled, and asked how his day went.

He looked at her bewildered and asked, "What happened here today?"

She again smiled and answered, "You know every day when you come
home from work and ask me what in the world did I do today?"

"Yes" was his incredulous reply.

She answered, "Well, today I didn't do it."

That's how she does her job and still able to post on here, And she does do her job, she just called and gave me a quote. Aren't Women amazing. I just thank God everyday I am not one. I like to take naps.:evilb: