Notices

Remote control boats on OSO

Old 08-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Baby 6's....WHAT!?
Hey Tank,
I need a little benz boat. Who ca make one for me? I love those!!
Old 08-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Hey Tank,
I need a little benz boat. Who ca make one for me? I love those!!
Gino,
There are several places. I'll get back to you later, got to go. Check the thread from a couple of weeks ago on show your RC boats. It has a great twin cylinder twin engine cat on there from up here in GR. I do not recommend electric due to the run time, recharge time. A single engine gas (not nitro) boat with a gear box and dual drives will look exactly like your cat. Make sure there is a clutch and water pump. If not too modified it will run 50+mph all day and start every time just like a weed whacker. A Zenoah, slightly modified at 26.4cc from several places will do the job. The Quickdraw is better for power but will need a rebuild sooner and be a little more tempermental. Several builders could do the boat for you. A few might do it for cost if they could use it and your big cat in promotional materials. I will get you more information later.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hunster
Aquacraft supervee 27 here. We have them dialed in pretty good. I'll have to throw in the gps and see what it's doing. I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this new aquacraft 51" gas
http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub43-main.html
I bought a yellow Rio 51, it is a lot of fun. I also bought a 3 blade prop for it that helped the performance quite a bit. The only complaints that I have, was it took a little while to get the carb dialed in and it can be a little bit of a pain to start.

But, now that I have everything adjusted and have a "system" for starting it, it is a blast.

All I need to do now is run it against my Blackjack 55 and see which is faster!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This 44" Avenger is the hull I think is closest to your boat. I have attached the link and picture. Remy there is a decent guy. I raced one of their Sprint Cats for years and still have it. It is a very fast and good handling hull. With a mod Quickdraw and no clutch I could run in the high 60's in race trim. I also raced a couple of their V hulls and they are also well built and handle good. Held 4 world records with them back in the old days.

http://www.aeromarinerc.com/

This is the link for MHZ USA who has the #6 drives, gearbox, etc. If you really want a duplicate to the final details.

http://206.206.85.209/xtdoc/default.aspx?store=mhzusa

Here is the link to the RC thread I was talking about. Check Tom's cat and XXX on there plus others.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...light=rc+boats

Any other questions let us know.
Attached Thumbnails Remote control boats on OSO-aeromarine.jpg