Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   38 PP vs 37 OL (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192405-38-pp-vs-37-ol.html)

DEFYN GRAVITY 08-03-2008 08:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brian, I believe this is the picture you where talking about. I think it is yours, not mine. Robbie

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2642797)
Just for accuracy, the newer decks on the 37AT and 33AT , (2003 and up) have a cabin height of 5'6" at their deepest point.

The 38PP is a MUCH bigger boat than the 37AT. It also weighs 2000 lbs. more +/-.

There is a picture from Lake Cumberland Poker Run in '06 I believe with Rich's 37AT and Robby's 38PP side by side. You can clearly see the difference in size. I can't find the pic at the moment though.

DEFYN GRAVITY 08-03-2008 08:51 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Jeff, How have you been? Hope all is going well!!!!! Busy summer, not alot of boating, building a new deck @ the house, SUCKS!!!!!!! OK, Here is a picture of DEFY'N GRAVITY sitting next to "RadioActive" in the Key West. I have several different angles, I think this one shows the the profile of the boats the best. My personal opinion of course is the Powerplay has the biggest cabin of ANY of the 38', (37-38 footers). When you step down into the cabin of the PP, the head room on mine is 5'7". At the front of the cabin it slopes down to 4'8". Keep in mind that my PP has a "Hung Head liner" vs carpeting on the ceiling. It takes away 2-3 inches of headroom. The headroom in the berth is 3'. When Dan was building the deck mold I tried to talk him into the side entry to the cabin, I think it is a much better layout. He wanted nothing to do with it!!!!!! If you need any other info, just ring me up. Talk with ya soon, Robbie

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2642789)
When I had my 37 A.T, Radio Active..there was a 37 ss OL. I was in it, drove it and ran it side by side to the A.T. It was much larger but overall weight was about the same. The cabin was also taller around 5'5" if memory serves me correctly where's the A.T. was 5'1". Now the38 PP I was on felt closer to 6', but then dropped drastically..Ive been trying to find in my mags, or threads of PR's where both boats would be side by side to make a comparision for my buddy. Both beautiful boats, he's obviously looking at used. If he had the coin, Id have hime drive a 39 Nor-Tech, Cig, OL or Hustler.

cowisl 08-04-2008 10:54 AM

The 37 OL is bigger than the AT as well. We docked next to Radio Active a few years ago for the Miami Boat show poker run...ill dig up the pics

crb76 08-04-2008 11:03 AM

The 37 OL is not longer than the AT but it is bulkier, meaning higher deck, rub rail and engine compartment freeboard. The AT is a lot more low profile in the water, especially as it goes back towards the transom. We use to have two 37 OL and two37 AT on the same dock in Clear Lake, Texas back in the late 90's. I got a lot of first hand experience with both boats.

The 38 PP is a longer and quite a bit bulkier boat than both. I also hear the PP rides really well. In my opinion, the 37OL does not ride in the top handful of boats in the size group.

32fever 08-04-2008 11:04 AM

When I had my 37 A.T, Radio Active..there was a 37 ss OL. I was in it, drove it and ran it side by side to the A.T. It was much larger but overall weight was about the same. The cabin was also taller around 5'5" if memory serves me correctly where's the A.T. was 5'1". Now the38 PP I was on felt closer to 6', but then dropped drastically..Ive been trying to find in my mags, or threads of PR's where both boats would be side by side to make a comparision for my buddy. Both beautiful boats, he's obviously looking at used. If he had the coin, Id have hime drive a 39 Nor-Tech, Cig, OL or Hustler.

I went into a 38PP at the Miami boat show, and I really liked the boat, but my memory may be sketchy then. I thought maybe like 5'2" of headroom. In our OL, my wife can stand up, so it's around 5'7" or 5'8". The only boats we've been able to get close to standing in have been the Powerquest and OL. Are there 2 different decks for a PP? Defi's sure seems taller than the first 38PP miami boat show boat. I think that is that one that sunk at the dock since then and was on Nat Liq website. Beautiful boat, though. The AT seemed like it was around 4'10 or so, more like a 38 Formula, maybe a little more.

I guess maybe you can take 1 measurement at the TALLEST, and then it can slope down quickly. That makes a difference also. I don't recall ours at the v-berth, but it's still fairly tall.

Sure would like to ride in a 38 PP, though. (hint hint...) Sweet boats.

cowisl 08-04-2008 11:52 AM

The PP has about 5'7" of cabin height. There was only one deck mold/version made.

Mentalpause 08-04-2008 07:53 PM

Both beautiful boats, he's obviously looking at used. If he had the coin, Id have hime drive a 39 Nor-Tech, Cig, OL or Hustler.

He's got plenty of coin for you to sell him Blue Bayou - don't you have your limit of 3 oil changes on it already?:evilb:

You need to get that Cat ordered before we come back down anyway.:eek::ernaehrung004:

We had a great time last weekend. It was Sandy's kind of weather - about 100 degrees and 100 percent humidity. PERFECT for her. Let me know when you are coming up to see her parents.