Notices

Shogren/Baja

Old 08-03-2008, 09:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogren/Baja

I saw a 30+ Baja on a trailer at Ben Watts Marina at the Chain Of Lakes (Illinois) with an advertisement stating Shogren is the newest Baja dealer.

I thought the Fountain dealers would get the Baja line, but was sad for Grand Sports Center who representated the line for MANY years and did a good job.

Good luck to both Shogren and Grand Sports!
Old 08-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 212 Likes on 109 Posts

Yep,NIOC held a poker run yesterday and saw it out there.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

I hope Shogren realizes the differences between a Fountain and a Baja customer, and doesnt chase the common man away,

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 08-03-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:19 AM
Registered

As awesome a job as team Shogren has been doing I think he will do great.

Don
Old 08-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Shogren / Baja

We are cery excited about the opportunity to represent Baja Boats. Mark Miller and his entire team at Grand Sport are a class act and we know they will continue to do well with the other lines they represent. Reggie plans to build 11 of the 26 current Baja models and improve the quality of an already good boat. The boats are now being hand laid just like Fountains vs chopper gun and there are no plans to step the boats just improve set up and performance. The first 26 is done and ran 4mph faster than previous model while weighing in 200 pounds heavier. This is a gret mix for the Fountain line and allows to hit price points we either did not have or dis-continued with the Fountain brand.

Our new website will be up within 30 days and we plan to campaign both Fountains and Bajas on this years poker run circuit

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Old 08-04-2008, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
I hope Shogren realizes the differences between a Fountain and a Baja customer, and doesnt chase the common man away,
Seriously...you think Fountain owners are not "common?" Gimme a break, dude! One of the greatest things I've found with 98% of offshore boat owners is that they are all, for the most part, "common men."

Good luck to Scott.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:44 AM
Registered

Are you stating something from a past experience or are making a stupid statement? I can not find any info on who you are. What do you race. Boats????
Old 08-04-2008, 06:59 AM
www.Bajaboatowners.com
Platinum Member

I don't think that will be a problem. As a past repeat Baja owner and boater in general I consider myself pretty much a good ole boy or common man. I have always been treated very well by the folks at Shogren even given the fact I am hundreds of miles away. I did work a deal with them on a boat they had and even though we could not quite make the deal work, they were very pleasant and patient and I felt very comfortable working with them.

I would not hesitate to call them again for a future purchase.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Registered

Wow, I tried to make a funny statement in regards to the price point difference between a Fountain and a Baja and people get bent out of shape. I meant no disrespect to Shogren, it was more of a reference to the difference between a Baja and Fountain buyer. Shogren themselves commented the Baja line allows them to hit price points they couldnt with the Fountain lineup. Yikes...

I will ask though, how did a Baja that weights 200 lbs more run 4 mph quicker? Let me clarify, Im not doubting Shogren or Fountain or their claims, or trying to stir the pot, Im just curious as to what changed. Higher X dimension? Do you know which 11 boats Fountain will end up building? Is the new Hammer X one of them? Once last question, when do you expect to have the Bajas in?

And no, I dont race boats. "Tristar Racing" started when I needed a company name to do some business with racing contacts I still had in motorsports after I left Goodyear's racing division, its not much more than a forum name at this point. Not trying to pretend Im something that I am not, although I do enjoy track days and autocross when I find the time

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Seriously...you think Fountain owners are not "common?" Gimme a break, dude! One of the greatest things I've found with 98% of offshore boat owners is that they are all, for the most part, "common men."

Good luck to Scott.
Common men cannot drop over 200k or more on a go fast boat, that was all I meant.

Last edited by Tristar Racing; 08-04-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by shogren
We are cery excited about the opportunity to represent Baja Boats. Mark Miller and his entire team at Grand Sport are a class act and we know they will continue to do well with the other lines they represent. Reggie plans to build 11 of the 26 current Baja models and improve the quality of an already good boat. The boats are now being hand laid just like Fountains vs chopper gun and there are no plans to step the boats just improve set up and performance. The first 26 is done and ran 4mph faster than previous model while weighing in 200 pounds heavier. This is a gret mix for the Fountain line and allows to hit price points we either did not have or dis-continued with the Fountain brand.

Our new website will be up within 30 days and we plan to campaign both Fountains and Bajas on this years poker run circuit

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.chicagofountain.com
Please check your info out 1st thank you.
Even early BAJA's like my 88 were NOT CHOPPER GUN MADE please get your story straight, its a fact in the POWERBOAT MAGs that BAJA NEVER USED CHOPPER GUNS AND DID COLORS OUT OF GEL.[ there are some late model custom painted boats I know] I know from my friends BAJA dealership there NEVER was a a gun in BAJA's shop they boasted about being hand layed up boat. plus the colors were in the gel not taped or paint like early fountains were and baja always had a deep ex on there drives , mine was raised with a shortie picked up 4mph also ,mine runs mid 80s should break a 100 next spring,What sux now is the colors are painted , you don't get 20yrs out of a paint job, gel you do, so please get your facts right about the boats you sell thank you oh also the 25ol 05 with a box with a 3'' raised x with stock 525 will do 81 gps, thats faster than a 27 fountain 525. and the baja is a bigger boat. yES I KNOW HIGH END CUSTOM BOATS LIKE OUTERLIMITS PAINTS THERE BOATS, but a painted boat you can only buff so many times until you run out of paint. If fountain wants to show up the old co, then vacumbag the boats they will be 200lbs LIGHTER , STRONGER and instead of heavyer thats the extra PAINT they use on top of the gel. artie

Last edited by AIR TIME; 08-04-2008 at 08:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Shogren/Baja

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.