If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jb View Post
    any facts besides the speculation here??? Would be nice to know how it happened..
    Probably no way of knowing- most times it isn't one thing, although one issue can set the chain of events into action.

I think that's the thing to remember- you have to think of everything, since accidents are rarely the result of any one factor exclusively. That seems to be the case here- a bunch of little things piled up and turned themselves into one big thing.

In this discussion, I don't think I saw one supposition or circumstance that didn't fit what was seen in the pictures or could be a potential possibility.

VIP Member VIP Member Back4More's Avatar
    My Boats:
    353 Fastech
    Lake Michigan
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Algae View Post

My Boats:
    2003 Velocity 320
    Palm Harbor, FL
    Does anyone know where that boat was coming from/going to? looked like a clean boat before the bad stuff started..

My Boats:
    1991 cigarette 42' revolution with 3-750 hp hawks and ssm drives,2009/1979 cig 35' mistress [for sale]
    could the trailer have started swaying ,because of too little tounge weight and driver pushed the truck brakes and the trailer/boat pushed both off the road,funny theirs no pics that show the tow vechile it must have been damaged too?

Gold Member Gold Member Viperfitness1's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1990 Apache 41, 40' Skater built Fountain
    Midwest City, OK
    boat was coming from draper lake, he had just bought the boat two weeks prior to this accident. a good friend of mine is a friend of his and he said he had a blowout on the trailer?? i got there to late to get pics of the truck but from what i understand it was pretty messed up also. I called my friend yesterday and he said that the owner did not have insurance! OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerquest230 View Post
    Does anyone know where that boat was coming from/going to? looked like a clean boat before the bad stuff started..

Syracuse, New York
    No insurance is brutal...

It obvious that the boat and trailer jack-knifed into the rear of the tow vehicle. If a tire did blow, I can certainly understand how and why the boat could have came around(and did) easily.

First the trailer is built for a step hull boat. The bunks are staggered and did not fit well under the 357 (non step hull boat).

If the trailer is for a 353 the trailer would be at least 3 foot short causing a load problem to the rear which could cause the boat and trailer to fish-tail easily. The weight differential between a 353 and a early 90's 357 is huge(probably over 3500 lbs).
    Add that weight to the rear of the trailer and the rear tires were definitely overloaded. Tire temperature and possibly under inflated, overloaded rear tires would not last long at 65 MPH.

The tire blew ,the boat started to come around and the driver probably oversteered. A few seconds and it was over.

I'm glad everyone is ok , if it weren't for the gentle sloped large shoulder I could easily see the tow vehicle flipping.

The good thing is ,the boat can probably be saved, Those 357's are built like a fiberglass tank

My Boats:
    ... sold the TG Boatless Wanna Be... For A Very Very Short While
    Chatsworth, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Algae View Post
    This was an eye opener... thanks

My Boats:
    1996-Donzi-ZX 25
    Great Sacandaga,NY
    boat looks fine , get it on the right trailer and hit the water

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast