Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sonic on waterway at Holden Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192625-sonic-waterway-holden-beach.html)

vagrant 08-05-2008 08:12 AM

Sonic on waterway at Holden Beach

We were sitting on the waterway at the Lockwood folly inlet. 8/2/08 Boat looked good going by!

seafordguy 08-05-2008 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by vagrant (Post 2644853)
We were sitting on the waterway at the Lockwood folly inlet. 8/2/08 Boat looked good going by!

My wife's Mother and her Husband Live on Holden Beach - right on Carolina Ave. (they don't own a boat)

We are down there several times a year but have always resisted taking the boat - figured there wasn't much to do in it.

Are you down there often?

vagrant 08-05-2008 10:58 AM

We are usually down once a month. We take the boat once a year ,go to Bald Head and Wilmington. Its not a bad to boat there. Bald head is a neat place to visit. If you stay at the marina you can get into the yacht club for 20.00 a day have use of there pool and resturant. Also no cars on the Island only golf carts.

seafordguy 08-05-2008 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by vagrant (Post 2645052)
We are usually down once a month. We take the boat once a year ,go to Bald Head and Wilmington. Its not a bad to boat there. Bald head is a neat place to visit. If you stay at the marina you can get into the yacht club for 20.00 a day have use of there pool and resturant. Also no cars on the Island only golf carts.

I'll shoot you a PM when we are down next time, and maybe we can meet up for a drink at Paradise Cafe or Provisions....

DonziChick 08-05-2008 11:35 AM

I haven't been down there in forever. I used to go with a friend of mine whose parent's owned a house on Holden beach. It's a nice area.

vagrant 08-05-2008 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2645059)
I'll shoot you a PM when we are down next time, and maybe we can meet up for a drink at Paradise Cafe or Provisions....

Sounds good. My wife and I visIT FISHY FISHY. The bloody mary's are awesome!!!!

c_deezy 08-05-2008 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2645059)

I was just down there last week for the whole week, it was a great vacation. We had a pretty good time partying at the house all week but does the Paradise Cafe get a pretty good crowd going in there any given night? I can't wait to go back again next year!

seafordguy 08-05-2008 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by vagrant (Post 2645132)
Sounds good. My wife and I visIT FISHY FISHY. The bloody mary's are awesome!!!!

Is Fishy Fishy the nicer restauraunt right there under the bridge on the Island side?

Originally Posted by c_deezy (Post 2645149)
I was just down there last week for the whole week, it was a great vacation. We had a pretty good time partying at the house all week but does the Paradise Cafe get a pretty good crowd going in there any given night? I can't wait to go back again next year!

I have always found Paradise Cafe to be extremely hit or miss. Sometimes it is standing room only, and sometimes you might be the only one in there, and I can't really find a rhyme or reason to it. I think if there is some entertainment in there that you are probably going to have a pretty good crowd.

vagrant 08-05-2008 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=seafordguy;2645182]Is Fishy Fishy the nicer restauraunt right there under the bridge on the Island side?

Sorry I was talking about the one up at Southport. Its beside Provisions in Southport. We have ate Prardise Cafe and your right its hit or miss.