Message to Powerboat Magazine with respect

Old 08-08-2008, 07:53 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Message to Powerboat Magazine with respect

To the editor:

You made a mistake on your pictures regarding the recent Aronow-Bimini race. You labeled a picture as Charlie McCarthy that was, in fact, a head shot of Bob Saccenti.

Suggestion: On historical items, please reach out to people who were actually there...or use Trulio... as he works very hard to get his facts straight...... and also has a network of experts on the subject he can reach out to.

Perhaps it's time for a "Back in the day" column?

P.S. I thought this month's issue was otherwise well done. I do have one question....? What in the world is the point of an 80+ mph deckboat? It seems like a quick way to get a lot of people hurt in an accident.

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-08-2008 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Come on, Rich. I don't work that hard.

As a few of you know, I don't work inside the magazine. But rest assured Gregg Mansfield, Jason Johnson and the rest of the crew at Powerboat have no problem running corrections.

Obviously, it would be better not to make mistakes in the first place, but all magazines make them. Show me a magazine that doesn't run corrections and I'll show you a magazine that's kidding itself.

Just so you guys know: Rich Luhrs and Allan Brown are incredibly generous with their time and knowledge, and they've forgotten more about high-performance boats and boating than most of us will ever know. (Mind you, some of the memory loss has to do with age.) And though both are walking/talking offshore history books, don't kid yourselves. Their knowledge of what's going on right now, especially on the technical side, is phenomenal.

You guys are lucky to have such resources. As am I.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found a photo of Matt Trulio.
Attached Thumbnails Message to Powerboat Magazine with respect-where_is_matt_lauer.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 10:47 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by salesmanship
I found a photo of Matt Trulio.
Nah...

this is Trulio ........

right after he wrote "The old man and the sea".

( a biography of Alan Brown)
Attached Thumbnails Message to Powerboat Magazine with respect-trulio.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

Bob Teague testing a v-bottom
Attached Thumbnails Message to Powerboat Magazine with respect-tuck-photos-summer-2005-190.jpg  
Old 08-08-2008, 02:40 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Come on, Rich. I don't work that hard.

As a few of you know, I don't work inside the magazine. But rest assured Gregg Mansfield, Jason Johnson and the rest of the crew at Powerboat have no problem running corrections.

Obviously, it would be better not to make mistakes in the first place, but all magazines make them. Show me a magazine that doesn't run corrections and I'll show you a magazine that's kidding itself.

Just so you guys know: Rich Luhrs and Allan Brown are incredibly generous with their time and knowledge, and they've forgotten more about high-performance boats and boating than most of us will ever know. (Mind you, some of the memory loss has to do with age.) And though both are walking/talking offshore history books, don't kid yourselves. Their knowledge of what's going on right now, especially on the technical side, is phenomenal.

You guys are lucky to have such resources. As am I.
Thanks for the kind words, although Brownie is the smart guy, I just have the looks.........

Keep up the good work, it seems that Powerboat has both defenders and detractors on OSO and that's okay. Many people don't realise that before the web and instant everything, it was Powerboat that acted as the lone repository of performance boating info for the sport we love.

I have a long memory and don't insist on throwing the baby out with the bath water. You guys have done a more than credible job for an extended period of time...... with the possible exception of a certain "nitwit" comment.

Just keep doing what you're doing........and please note that while performance deck boats might not make sense to many of us.... neither does the "Cat Killer".

As the late Rick Nelson said after being heckled by "nitwits" ..."You can't please everyone, so you have to please yourself."

T2x

Last edited by T2x; 08-08-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bullhead
Bob Teague testing a v-bottom
I hate to say this...but that guy looks like me.....

T2x
Old 08-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought this months issue was the best EVER!! Don't know why exactly, Just a very good issue !!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I thought this months issue was the best EVER!! Don't know why exactly, Just a very good issue !!
well obviously it was the shining stars and winning "personalities" that showed up in SIB....
Old 08-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,695 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Rich,

Thanks for the kind words. What a love-fest. Although I don't always agree with the opinions expressed here in the regard to the magazine, I pay attention to them and respect them. There's always something to learn, and I love the feedback (especially when I'm getting blasted) here. It's invaluable.

We are only as good as our last issue. So right now ... we're OK.

Best to all. M

Quick Reply: Message to Powerboat Magazine with respect

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.