Good business with Mid-Stream Marine in Picayune, MS >

Good business with Mid-Stream Marine in Picayune, MS

Notices

Good business with Mid-Stream Marine in Picayune, MS

Old 08-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Good business with Mid-Stream Marine in Picayune, MS

It's nice to be able to say good things about people in the marine industry. I get that opportunity today. Eric at Mid-Stream took great care of me.

On the Royal Purple Poker Run, I chewed up a piston ring on the starboard side. We ended up making it to the Prop Stop and ran into Eric Lumelle (Racer-x6 in OSO), owner of Mid-Stream Marine. He found out what happened and said he'd love to take a look. Since I was going to be boating in south Louisiana more than usual this year, I figured, why not - he has a good reputation. Glad I did.

Long story short, he went over the top - rebuilding the engine and doing more than I'd asked. He also didn't charge near enough. We took the boat on an all afternoon shakedown cruise out Bay St. Louis and then up some winding river to a cool little bar in Kiln, MS. The next weekend I picked up the boat and paid his too small bill. He even offered to let me leave the boat there a couple of weeks til the Emerald Coast run so I wouldn't have to pull it home and back.

Thanks, Eric!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a great story in a biz that's often dominated by the "I got screwed" stories. Eric's supposed to come by our party Friday night in Destin so hopefully I'll get a chance to meet him.

Here's to ya Mid-Stream Marine!
Old 08-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Since Ive had This latest Nor-tech..BlueBaYou, Eric and Wendy have done all the service and repair work. All the work has been satisfactory as well as all the guys are great to deal with, extremely refreshing. Everyone know's I'm a clean freak and everytime I pick up the boat it is clean. There are no finger prints, no tools left in the bilge and all the work is done, tested and works the way it is suppose to. The best part is they are 30 minutes away, tough combo to beat.
Attached Thumbnails Good business with Mid-Stream Marine in Picayune, MS-dscn0924.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

Bought some small parts off Eric this past winter.......an item came if differently than I expected so I called him. He went above and beyond what I had hoped in correcting the issue. (this was merely one of those, I assumed one thing, he assumed another...he still took care of me)

Thanks Eric!!
Old 08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jassman
...Eric and Wendy have done all the service and repair work.
Since you mention her, I'll tell another story...

After the shakedown cruise, we were taking the boat back to Mid-Stream, and Eric started talking about Wendy. He will never have to prove himself to my friend Charlotte that was with us in any other way...

He said such nice things about his wife, he made her want to cry. Its good to see two happy people with a successful relationship in a successful business.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the kind words guys, and Wendy said hi.