If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Soundings Magazine Takes a Powerboat Ride!

Most of you probably don't read Soundings magazine on a regular basis. It doesn't really "cover" the go-fast world, but the editors have been very open to carrying news about the powerboat business and players. When Tom Neale, a "go-slow" boater who lives aboard a sail boat, wrote an article about "Bimbo Barges," I invited him to experience the new generation of powerboating. Tom and his editor, Bill Sisson, were up for the challenge and Tom and his wife Mel, came to the Miami Boat Show Poker Run, hosted by Stu and Jackie Jones and Outerlimits customer, Joe Amoroso. They had a tremendous time and Tom wrote a fantastic article in the June Soundings magazine that is now on its website archives:

If this link doesn't work, please visit and go to the archive section. You'll see the June issue and will find the article in the Boat Works section, "Sea Savvy, Adjustment to Warp Speed is Nice Surprise."

I'm sure you will all get a kick out of Tom's irony and self-deprecating sense of humor! There is some nice play for Outerlimits and really good coverage of the Poker Run. It's great to see people with open minds bring the good news about the performance boat market to those who may have preconceived notions about "us." I hope you'll visit the website, check out the article and enjoy the chuckles -- I know Tom and Mel enjoyed it! Thanks to them and Bill Sisson for spreading the word on "Warp Speed" to the Soundings readers!

My Boats:
    35 Motion "Bring It" is "For Sale", 31 Warlock
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Great article. I have crossed the fence and spent more than a few days sailing. Its very neat in a different sort of way. I'm glad he see's our sport exactly the same way from his vantage point.

Platinum Member Platinum Member animalhouse's Avatar
    Warwick, RI
    Very impressive article. It is very rare that people are willing to try new things, and even more rare that they will publicly admit that they liked it. As a boater in New England, we have the constant battle with Sail Boaters that we don't belong, or that we run "Guido Torpedo's", but at the end of the day we are just boaters trying to have a good time.

My Boats:
    Fixing yours
    LOTO Performance Boat Center
    What an excellent article! I 2 was able to deliver the same experience with my Aunt last weekend. She in my uncle are avid sailers. My uncle has actually one the prestigous Transpac race in his class. After a day at the beach with my aunt she realize the performance boating is about having fun with family just like sailing is.

My Boats:
    43' Black Thunder, 39' Scorpion, 24' Empress, 10' Bonanza
    West Michigan
    Good writer, great read, maybe he'll come over to the "Dark Side".. Everytime I've sailed, I get bored. Except when I had a Turbo 14 modified Hobie. Then, with a 20+ mph wind it was definitely not boring.

SeaRay Sundancer Gold Member tblrklakemo's Avatar
    My Boats:
    In the Slow Lane
    SW Missouri

"I turned to look back to where the sound must have been and saw only a magnificent rooster tail rising and finally falling back into what was hardly a wake."