Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ALERT !!! Speed Limits on NJ's Waterways (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/192836-alert-speed-limits-njs-waterways.html)

Expensive Date 09-13-2008 07:08 PM

I just left the house of the Deputy Mayor of Eagleswood twp.
she was not even aware of Skarlos bill and is against it.It will be brought up at the next town meeting for a vote against the resolution.Everyone who lives in a southern NJ town needs to contact there town officials.So Far only Bay Head and Manaloking are for it Lavalette has drafted a resolution against it.Dave is doing a great job but he needs more than "Thanks Dave" we are winning lets finish this.

VtSteve 09-13-2008 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Expensive Date (Post 2685120)
I just left the house of the Deputy Mayor of Eagleswood twp.
she was not even aware of Skarlos bill and is against it.It will be brought up at the next town meeting for a vote against the resolution.Everyone who lives in a southern NJ town needs to contact there town officials.So Far only Bay Head and Manaloking are for it Lavalette has drafted a resolution against it.Dave is doing a great job but he needs more than "Thanks Dave" we are winning lets finish this.

Were those not pictures of BHYC boats breaking existing laws? Perhaps existing law enforcement should have a word with them.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-13-2008 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by VtSteve (Post 2685130)
Were those not pictures of BHYC boats breaking existing laws? Perhaps existing law enforcement should have a word with them.

Yes !

And if they want to keep the pressure up on the speed limit law, I just may have my own boat to shoot from next season.
Not only will you be able to see the letters BHYC, but you will be able to see the hair standing up on the back of their necks when they are staring down the barrel of my big lens pointing at them ! :eek: :drink:

Panther 09-14-2008 08:29 AM

the marine police must be stepping things up a little bit or I just got one that was in a pissy mood yesterday.....

about 2pm yesterday afternoon I'm "idling" up the river thru a no wake zone with my wife and daughter...we were doing about 8-10 mph producing literally a 6-8" wake....

Meanwhile, moments before the police go past me about 30mph and create a big wake and stop about 50ft short of the bridge creating wakes inside the bridge...

So anyway, the copy tells me to slow down, pointing to my wake.... Mind you we were at 1000 rpms (8-10 mph).... So I back it down to 800 rpms...again the guy starts yelling...this time he's getting pissed...so I back it all the way down to idle speed (500 rpms) and as I'm passing buy he's sipping his coffee and mumbling.....

I can't idle at 500 rpms so I shut one engine off and proceeded forward on one engine.....

Meanwhile there was a fishing boat coming at us half way on plane making about 1 1/2 - 2' wake....the cop said nothing to him.....

WTF!!!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-14-2008 01:12 PM

I wish Harry never retired. We had such a great relationship with the authorities and it seems now some are either new to the force or we are losing some allies after the accident... :(

Frank,
Keep a digital camera onboard at all times. ;)

fatdaddy 09-15-2008 10:41 PM

I did always like Lavalette.

lookinforboats 09-16-2008 08:16 PM

I wonder how Sarlo even has enough time to fight this thing since he holds 2 government jobs and 1 full time private construction job. Hey wait a minute - is that even Legal???

bojoe2 09-16-2008 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by lookinforboats (Post 2688022)
I wonder how Sarlo even has enough time to fight this thing since he holds 2 government jobs and 1 full time private construction job. Hey wait a minute - is that even Legal???

well the private job does mostly public work. ooopps did i say that.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-16-2008 10:39 PM

I just got in. I managed to cover two town's council meetings tonight. Everything's quiet in Brick and Point Pleasant Beach for now...

I will note, Point Pleasant Beach has been doing a lot of "Open Space" work and I heard something about members of the council would be having dinner with the "Save Barnegat Bay" organization. I'll have to keep a close eye on that ! ;)

Nothing but great news from Pt Beach in regards to the Boat Race ! That really made my night !:ernaehrung004: