Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Leagal questiion, RE" OSO add. >

Leagal questiion, RE" OSO add.

Notices

Leagal questiion, RE" OSO add.

Old 08-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Chris.. it's ok.. I will call him Sunday or Monday and see what we can do.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by halfast07
now Im really pissed.i wish one of you would stop buy!!!!I have been into motorsports for the better part of 20 years have never screwed anyone and don't plan on making a bad name for myself over 600.00.
when you come to visit me you might want to send the best man you got and bring a lunch you'll need it!!
next legal question you might want to ask somebody is the meaning of deplamation of character! because this is a perfect example of it.
LMAO post an address so I can stop buy ... and deplamate your character some more Just do us all a favor and STFU and give Paradox his money back. By the way, I am the one that said you probably just made a mistake dude!! LOL
Old 08-10-2008, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
NOT necessarily true......some of you may remember that 1 year ago I was buying a 33 Powerplay from OSO member Trader1-He's a trustworthy guy. The boat needed a few small repairs and I was given the name of another OSO member, GOODT (scumbag) He took my $2,200 and never really fixed the boat at all. He kept stalling and since I live in California- I couldn't just drive there and pay him a visit.

The scumbag (GOODT) sent me a check via U.S. Mail for $1,600 that was a BAD CHECK. The postal service couldn't help me. Long story short- I had to go to Maryland (where scumbag GOODT lives) and file a small claims court to get my money back. I never did, since I wouln't be able to get re-imbursed for my airfare, hotel, etc..... If he pulled that crap here in California, they have a fraud division that would have arrested him and put him in jail.

Then I started calling his work everyday to try to get hiom on the phone and they had a Maryland State Trooper call me to tell me that I was harrassing this guy. he will know the true meaning of the word someday --oh yeah, F*CK YOU Maryland!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your right there him just mailing the refund check isn't enough to get the postmaster general to pull the trigger. But it is still an interstate beef. File a criminal complaint with the FBI. Also don't go to the local popo go to your state district attorney and file a bad check complaint. Out here in Cali a bad check is actually a winning lottery ticket. Depending on the county the little pecker head could liable for up to 10 times the amount of the check.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:28 AM

No spellcheck?

Originally Posted by halfast07
now Im really pissed.i wish one of you would stop buy!!!!I have been into motorsports for the better part of 20 years have never screwed anyone and don't plan on making a bad name for myself over 600.00.
when you come to visit me you might want to send the best man you got and bring a lunch you'll need it!!
next legal question you might want to ask somebody is the meaning of deplamation of character! because this is a perfect example of it.
Legal questions? What about misrepresenting an item for sale? You might want to ask somebody what the definition of "FRAUD" is.
This many people ticked off in less than 10 posts your as good as wiggler buddyoo
Old 08-10-2008, 07:00 AM
Registered

"Mike at Lightning Bay did great. The rigging cost more then we thought since they have to fix a bunch "other things" we were not aware, of. IE; Wrong wiring at the batterie switch,
Throtle and shifting cable were wrong, fuel level sender was stuck. kill switch wired wrong.. and on, and on.. Plus I had to buy more parts. It wasn't their fault but they got things right.
It was just more unexpected costs., due to Dennis Freedmans F ' ups, and Cobras. I have no complains with Lighning Bay. They are my guys for any service."

Thanks for clearing that up. They are one of the few places that still belives in honesty and quality.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Registered

Thanks for clearing that up. They are one of the few places that still belives in honesty and quality.[/QUOTE]

No problem. There were some minor issues, but Mike and I resolved them ok.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Update...
Talked to the seller. He promissed to refund the $'s. but I have to send the props back first. I have to pay for 're-shipping" and not ceartain about the credit to my card.
Will see what happens. Props are sent back via UPS..
Old 08-20-2008, 06:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
NOT necessarily true......some of you may remember that 1 year ago I was buying a 33 Powerplay from OSO member Trader1-He's a trustworthy guy. The boat needed a few small repairs and I was given the name of another OSO member, GOODT (scumbag) He took my $2,200 and never really fixed the boat at all. He kept stalling and since I live in California- I couldn't just drive there and pay him a visit.

The scumbag (GOODT) sent me a check via U.S. Mail for $1,600 that was a BAD CHECK. The postal service couldn't help me. Long story short- I had to go to Maryland (where scumbag GOODT lives) and file a small claims court to get my money back. I never did, since I wouln't be able to get re-imbursed for my airfare, hotel, etc..... If he pulled that crap here in California, they have a fraud division that would have arrested him and put him in jail.

Then I started calling his work everyday to try to get hiom on the phone and they had a Maryland State Trooper call me to tell me that I was harrassing this guy. he will know the true meaning of the word someday --oh yeah, F*CK YOU Maryland!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check and see if there is a state law about hot checks. Here in Texas if you write a hot check & do not make it good you go to JAIL. All you have to do is call the DA
Old 08-20-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADOX
I know what you mean Semper Fi
Ready for this?? I’ll give the short version.;
June, 2007. 50th birthday. going back to Chicago and LOTO for 50th BD celebration and 4th of July.
Find out that I have an incurable illness.. After seeing all the performance boats for sale at LOTO, I decide to get one. Find one in PA.. Send deposit. Fly up to see it, and test it. Boat has some motor problems. Seller never informs me. Fixed a few days later but no test drive.
Delivered in mid August. Destin Poker run…. One motor has some problems. fuel pump issue, and some steering issue. Soon fixed. Things are good. Ready for KW Poker Run in Nov. Purchased 2 new tires for trailer. On the way to KW. new (rear) tire blew, trailer/car flipped, boat totaled. Carlisle tire co. said .. to bad… road hazard, they won’t do anything… (remember, rear, new tire blew) lawyer say to costly to go after Carlisle tire co. I’m SOL. Find new boat. Same as before Avanti. Partially done not finished. Come terms with Avanti owner/builder and have contract made. Dennis Freedman, (builder/former Avanti co. owner, < total a$$hole>) defaults on contract. After months and months of aggravation and excuses for not having parts etc.. etc.. and bunch of BS., delivers boat 3 months late with some problems. He holds the boat hostage until I pay for it full. I had to.
Can’t provide motors and drives as per contract so I have to buy them. I buy them from Cobra. Cobra screws me for about 2-3 grand.
Boat problems (luckily nothing major) is fixed. Rogging, and new motors/drives installed by Lightning Bay Marine for 3+- grand more then we were thinking. After lots of headaches boat runs great. Love it. Jax. PR great times. Great photos and vids. Sarasota run. Great run. Last out of the docks.. 6 or 7th at lunch. Awesome ride, happy with boat and power. Glad to have a unique and well performing boat finally.
Going to Destin next week, and under the knife a week after. Offshore and heavy duty boating may be over for me. After all the BS and headaches I might have to sell her, now that I have her running just great. Ever think you been born under the wrong sign? And yess I am pissed with these props. I HAD ENOUGH!!!
Paradox, don't give up the ship. We saw your boat at Destin. It is unique and a headturner. You did a great job with the paint. Several of the people I was with commented on how good your boat looked and it how well it ran.You can pick it out of a crowd.
I hope everything works out for you and look forward to seeing you again next year at Destin.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

Thanks, but I can't take credit for the paint job. It's almost identical to the boat I had and flipped. But I do like that it is a little different in scheme. She was running good and we had a great time. Now I just have to find some windscreen.

Quick Reply: Leagal questiion, RE" OSO add.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.