National Champion ...legit? >

National Champion ...legit?

Notices

National Champion ...legit?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
I actually think, that you have absolutly no clue what you are talking about.
Ok after reading everyhting you've posted you I see that you have the stance of "well I spent the money I think I can out race you but if I show up and noone else does I can race the time clock and get the high points for basically doing nothing"
As far as you thinking I dont know what im talking about well I do and this situation is exactly why I got out of offshore afteronly running about 5 races back in the mid 90's I spent the money on a boat to race and raced in a class were there was no other competitors until the world finals in Key West and even though I showed up to more races than any of the other competitors I had mechanical troubles on day 2 and couldnt compete but someone else got the world championship. So thats when I said why should I spend all this money time and effort to race no competion and when they show up and run one race and win they get to call themselves a champion. Im not bitter about not being labeled a champion esspecially when it seems to just be a paper label anyway . If things change Ill get back in full force again. Yes know there is a 2 race rule now to run the worlds but thats out of how many races 6 or so? I believe the whole season should be based on a high point system for any championship and there should only be maybe 5 premier classes with a set of defined rules where not every Tom Dick and Harry can just show up throw some numbers on their boat and race.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:59 PM
Registered

The 2 race rule is out of 12 races.
And at the world you have 3 races they count as 2 and who ever is the high point winner is champion.
Now if your boat did not make it ,well sorry.
THAT IS RACING .
I agree on some things like racing by myself in my class, but there again ,i spend the money to go there -so wy not take the points and have fun ?
Nobody can blame me for showing up ?!
We are kind of thinking the same ,but its about fun and thats it.
If you wrater take your boat out in the bay on the weekends thats fine,i like to go to races.
So about your saying ,"i did not do anything for it ", ofcorse i did. I kept my boat running and went there.
By the way u sound like tom ,dick and harry.
Staying with it is what separates a RACER from a WANNABE, my 2 cents.
Scott
Like i said dude im not bitter about not being a champ my fault my boat broke . oh yeah sorry about the number of races i spoke before i really thought it out. but can you honestly feel good about being a national champ in a class where your only job was to keep your boat running for one lap (weather you ran the whole race or not isnt important) cross the line get your check and your points and leave . why even go to the race at that point you might as well spend the gas money and run poker runs until you can convince enough of your to friends to come race with you and make it a real race . Just because you run your boat in a race under a sanctioning body doesnt make you a racer competion makes you a racer! Not just being able to set up your boat and being able to hold it together for 45 minutes in 5 footers at 70mph. When you race against others in the same class and win thats racing!!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Registered

I never sayd that i feel good about how i get the title.
But like i said befor , its not my fault that nobody shows up.
And ofcorse its better to have competition, but also when i went to the races i never knew who shows up .
So wile im there now ,wy not race or ok (take the boat out)?
But now if everybody would say ,"dont know if some one is there ,so wy should i go " then nobody would be there.
By the way ,i am looking for a driver and partner.
Maybe you wanna join me in KW for the worlds ?
I might be interested in doing something looking to get back in and soon.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big daddy,
Sounds to me like you picked the wrong class. Didn't do your homework, showed up unprepared, got beat and quit. Now your are bitter and accusing others of doing successfully what you tried and failed.

Pick the right class with the right group and race. Or not.

Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 08-13-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN
Big daddy,
Sounds to me like you picked the wrong class. Didn't do your homework, showed up unprepared, got beat and quit. Now your are bitter and accusing others of doing successfully what you tried and failed.

Pick the right class with the right group and race. Or not.
If you read what I posted before I was never bitter about getting beat like i said my fault we broke . And as for the reasons why i quit well there alot of things that happened in my life that I wasnt expecting to happen when i got into it. Plus I was really contemplating the reasons why i was there with no competion until the worlds. I really wanted to get into a better class at that time but life somtimes deals you something you dont expect. I really think if I am going to go at it full force again that I will get into cat outboard that seams to be where the best competion is now .....plus i just love the sound of screaming outboards!!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck,
Cat OB is a good class and there are a few others too with good rosters and competition.

Last edited by MOBILEMERCMAN; 08-13-2008 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I am a racer in OSS SVL. I love this class and the people I race against. I moved up to this class after racing for years in F1. Both classes are the same principals with spec. motors,drive's weight, and other factors.
On the other hand I race in OPA in class 5 where the speed is 75 MPH with my old F1 boat. I do this because it is local and there are now around 15 boats in this class.
I can honestly say I dont think there would be any racing in the North East without P class. Its a function of money in most cases. There has been yards full of older race boats and nowhere to race them. It has changed with P class and they are back on the water having fun. It comes down to that or nothing at all.
I also find it hard to recognize the current system of getting a National ,World or Hall of champion title. In my opinion to achieve these titles it should be in a spec class at WOT against a Min. of 5 boats in your class and preferably more. I have two of these World Championships where I have won but didnt have as much merit ,I also have 2 World Championships that mean so much to me Its hard to explain. Race against 20 other F1 boats and win you know you did something.
OSS is as close to what you all want where racing is bad a$$. I also would love to see more teams get into SVL and get 20-30 teams out in the water hammering it out. Why not build a SVL for a fraction of the price and race more boats instead people build boats they cant afford after one year or one wreck. Its human nature to want to be the big show. Could you only imagine if some of the bigger teams spent there money fielding a SVL team. Most racers cant afford more but they certainly can afford less.
MD
Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

LETS HEAR IT . ?!...........
That's OK I didn't think you or many other or any others on here would actually know the history about who, were and why your class came about.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:02 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

YES MIKE!!! WE KNOW!!!, you helped write the original OutLaw P-Class Rules for APBA. & they were called OutLaw because BAJA helped sponsor the series.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TYPHOON
I am a racer in OSS SVL. I love this class and the people I race against. I moved up to this class after racing for years in F1. Both classes are the same principals with spec. motors,drive's weight, and other factors.
On the other hand I race in OPA in class 5 where the speed is 75 MPH with my old F1 boat. I do this because it is local and there are now around 15 boats in this class.
I can honestly say I dont think there would be any racing in the North East without P class. Its a function of money in most cases. There has been yards full of older race boats and nowhere to race them. It has changed with P class and they are back on the water having fun. It comes down to that or nothing at all.
I also find it hard to recognize the current system of getting a National ,World or Hall of champion title. In my opinion to achieve these titles it should be in a spec class at WOT against a Min. of 5 boats in your class and preferably more. I have two of these World Championships where I have won but didnt have as much merit ,I also have 2 World Championships that mean so much to me Its hard to explain. Race against 20 other F1 boats and win you know you did something.
OSS is as close to what you all want where racing is bad a$$. I also would love to see more teams get into SVL and get 20-30 teams out in the water hammering it out. Why not build a SVL for a fraction of the price and race more boats instead people build boats they cant afford after one year or one wreck. Its human nature to want to be the big show. Could you only imagine if some of the bigger teams spent there money fielding a SVL team. Most racers cant afford more but they certainly can afford less.
MD
i have bee watching following your teams progress for the past few years and have seen you in some pretty wicked battles on the water! I will honestly say that you and your team are one of the few out there that have truly earned everything you got. good going!

Quick Reply: National Champion ...legit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.