How Well Does Your Step Hull Work??? >

How Well Does Your Step Hull Work???

Notices

How Well Does Your Step Hull Work???

Old 03-03-2002, 02:31 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Well Does Your Step Hull Work???

Lot of different boats out there with steps. Just wanted to know from the owners how well there design works. Are there any real handling/ride problems with the approach the builders took?
Old 03-03-2002, 04:53 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 852 Likes on 312 Posts

I do not consider myself an "expert" driver by any means and still have a lot to learn, but several people who have driven my boat that have a lot of experience with all types of brands and are in the boating business commented how stable the design was. I have not had any problems with the design and it has done everything I've asked of it, but I stay away from very aggressive moves when boating.
Old 03-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

I just came back from a weekend in Pompono with ACTIVE THUNDER, and was with Pat and Steve, the waves were 5-7 footers, and the boat landed like it was on air, no creeks or groans and Pat took a very aggressive turn in 3-6 waves at 55, the 37 avh didnt slide out, and handled it perfectly, everything was great except the almost load I left in my pants, Ive been thrown from my previous boat at way lesser speeds, and thought for sure I was going over again. This boat rides like nothing else Ive been on, especially on rough water. What a weekend. Sandy and I had a blast
Old 03-03-2002, 05:34 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The bottom of our hull was designed using very advanced software by a designer well ahead of his time. The boat handles better than any other boat I have ever been in by a large margin. We offer demo rides at all the APBA races if anyone is interested in experiencing it firsthand.
Chris Reindl
(513) 706-3199
Old 03-03-2002, 05:47 PM
Registered

Default Go Ahead And Laff At My PQ

Some members of this board think of Powerquest as a "family boat" but all I can say is where were they in the 6-8 footers that I experienced on the 70 mile trip from Beaver Island to Traverse City. I was pretty impressed with the way the Avenger handled the slop on that day, even with a new owner at the helm(ME). The boat made up for my numerous mistakes, giving us a relatively dry ride considering the punishment that Lake MI was dishing out. I'm damn happy with the performance of my Avenger, I'll put it up against any other v-hull in the slop. The Coast guard Auxiliary guy we saw at the launch ramp thought we were nuts for running in that kinda water(6-8's in Lake MI are NASTY in comparison to ocean swells) .

I LOVE MY POWERQUEST!!!!
Old 03-03-2002, 06:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Boathead, Im from Wisconsin, I know how bad lake Michigan can really get, but the ocean can be just as bad if not worse. My last boat also was a Powerquest Vyper. It is a good boat with an average bottom and a excellent factory to work with, they stand behind their product.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:36 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

I have to second what Jassman said. I had the identical experience,without the craping my pants, experience. So two thumbs up for the step ride on the AT.
Old 03-03-2002, 06:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Knowing you, you would have laid a load mama's boy,
Old 03-03-2002, 07:16 PM
Charter Member #1492
Charter Member

I have owned two Donzi ZX's. The 22 footer was a little hairy till I got used to it. You had to respect it in the turns till you figured out where you needed to be on the trim. The 26 footer with the twin step is all together different. It really does well in the bay. Turn execution is no real problem either.
Old 03-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My uncles 38 daytona also carves up the turns very well , he is also pleased with his boat.

Quick Reply: How Well Does Your Step Hull Work???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.