Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg. >

Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg.

Notices

Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg.

As listed it says its a AeroMotive. When i called him back he said miss print and it was an SX. Supposily SX and Aero were a joint componey building parts for one another. ANyway i just want to know what it is so i hook it up corrctly. It has 2 vacuume ports which i havent ever seen before.
The reg is the lower of the 3 regs the fully red one with the bracket on it. I can get closer pics of it if needed thanks for any and all help

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/12125...IVE-PARTS.html

-Mike
Old 08-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That regulator doesn't look like anything I've ever seen from Aeromotive, it might be an SX part. Although it doesn't look like anything in their current lineup. You might want to shoot them an email http://www.sx-performance.com/Regulators.htm
Old 08-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Registered

Looks to me like the FMU unit that procharger sends out with the kit .....2 vaccum line is as folloews, one is for Boost referncing and one is to the air horn to suck fuel into the motor if the diaphram ruptures. I think it was made in house for them.....

Bryan
Old 08-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

I know its no an SX reg because i called them up and said they hadnt seen it before. As for FMU i will check those out. Bryan do you know which port does what as is the top one for boost ref. or is it the lower. I assume the lower is the fuel by pass for the rupture but dont want to just guess.
Thanks
-Mike
Old 08-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Registered

correct , the port on the top is for boost referencing....I have a perfectly good one in my warehouse you can have for 50 Bucks

Bryan
Old 08-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

In that ad is the one i just bought but shoot me a pic or post it so i can see it. Will it support 1K H.P.? I may still want it
Mike
Old 08-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Heres my SX reg. Bought these new in 1996 with the SX fuel pumps. Those dont look like SX parts.
Attached Thumbnails Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg.-anns-pics-work-293.jpg  

Last edited by BDARCHER; 08-12-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Sweet turbo set up. Yea there not SX i know that or Areo's
Mike
Old 08-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

That regulator is the factory procharger fmu regulator,its supposed to be boost referencing, They are problem prone,I wouldn't waste my time with it,most guys end up tearing it off in disgust because they either stick after going into boost or don't boost reference reliably. A much better way to go is to use a std efi aeromitive regulator to set and hold your base pressure then send its discharge/return fuel loopthru a second regulator,a bell/cartech industries rising rate 2027regulator like shown in my second pic. I discovered this setup after having alot of problems with my own factory procharger regulator. Tyler Crockett has endosred this setup and also uses it now,Smitty
http://www.cartech.net/fmu2020.htm
Attached Thumbnails Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg.-copy-fuel-regulator-015.jpg   Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg.-copy-fuel-regulator-014.jpg  
Old 08-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RumRunner
That regulator doesn't look like anything I've ever seen from Aeromotive, it might be an SX part. Although it doesn't look like anything in their current lineup. You might want to shoot them an email http://www.sx-performance.com/Regulators.htm

Doug what was the co before SX,I cant remember

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Quick Reply: Please help me Identify this Fuel Reg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.