Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats >

Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats

Notices

Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats

Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`ll bet Tripple Digits could outrun those choppers !!
Old 08-14-2008, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
What are those loud/ fast orange choppers? It did happen since I was told the story by two different people on the boat. I am not an aviation expert so I wouldn't have questioned the type of chopper.
What you are talking about is the HH-65 Dauphin. Pretty interesting mission they have. I fly the Ch-47 Chinook myself, hence my name here. I can personally account for how nice it is to have the P-3s above us. Saved our as*es about a month ago here in Afghanistan.

As far as the Coast Guard flying Apaches....sorry, very impractical for the job. Now here, they are very well suited for the mission.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am not endorsing drug smugglers but it seems like straight up outboards would be an easy target for a gunner. I would think some I/O's with kevlar lined engine compartments or something would hold up a little longer, you would think with that kind of money changing hands they would invest a little more into the equipment responsible for protecting the goods.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 47pilotsteve
What you are talking about is the HH-65 Dauphin. Pretty interesting mission they have. I fly the Ch-47 Chinook myself, hence my name here. I can personally account for how nice it is to have the P-3s above us. Saved our as*es about a month ago here in Afghanistan.

As far as the Coast Guard flying Apaches....sorry, very impractical for the job. Now here, they are very well suited for the mission.
thanks and stay safe.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
If they had any balls they would've gone out Gov't Cut.
on that day, I would of gone out of government cut with tripple digits thats how flat it was......
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe Men's Vogue printed this story. Now the enemy will read it and have a terrorist watching off the transom. There's goes the Coast Guard's "surprise and chaos advantage."

Damn the media. . . the sky is falling. . .

BTW, if the chopper can only go 150 mph, Reggie should start selling cat killers in the Carribean
Old 08-14-2008, 12:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
I am not endorsing drug smugglers but it seems like straight up outboards would be an easy target for a gunner. I would think some I/O's with kevlar lined engine compartments or something would hold up a little longer, you would think with that kind of money changing hands they would invest a little more into the equipment responsible for protecting the goods.
Kevlar ain't stopping a 50cal round! You ever shot one of them babies?!?!?!?! Thought I'd died and gone to heaven!
Old 08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 502ss
Even with the I/O's I would think if they can hit an outboard powerhead, they can hit the outdrives of the I/O. May take an extra shot or two but still. And with a .50 cal, forget about stopping that thing in a boat!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Registered

You would need the equivelent of a Bradley fighting vehicle on water to stop a .50 cal round. Kinda counter productive for speed.

The drug smugglers dont need to read vogue to learn the tricks of the trade. They know alot more than some reported who spent an afternoon with the Coast Guard.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:29 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Subs are the new vehicles for blow and fast CC's for people from Cuba, or thats what I heard

Quick Reply: Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.