Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats >

Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats

Notices

Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats

Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
I was fortunate to be on Bobthebuilders boat for the run from Key West to Cancun. 400 miles of NOTHING! No Coast Guard, no Homeland Security, no Cuban gun boats, no Heli's, no airplanes....nothing at all!
You would have thought that a 50ft "go-fast" running in a straight line 18miles off the coast of Cuba would have made somebody come and take a look....

Aaahhhhh, the power of OSO, cubans were probably reading the thread like the rest of us!!! Plus, who ships drugs from KW to Cancun??
Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CAPTAIN CHUCK
Now this statement is hilarious......

"But just how harrowing is it from the traffickers' point of view? The Coast Guard let me find out. One evening at dusk, it stuck me aboard what may be
the fastest boat in the country — a 1,000-horsepower go-fast with a full tank of gas and a top speed of 70 mph."
That's not even faster than the fastest boat on my block.

Mine! LOL.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

My buddy was running a TG to the keys last month. Running WFO he got a weird rush of cold air across his neck (at 11am it is probably 85+ degrees in the summer). He turned around to see an CG Apache helo hovering 20 feet over the boat at 80 MPH. The pilot smiled/ gave him a thumbs up and lifted away.

I think the government/big brother is watching more than most believe.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,611 Likes on 3,769 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
My buddy was running a TG to the keys last month. Running WFO he got a weird rush of cold air across his neck (at 11am it is probably 85+ degrees in the summer). He turned around to see an CG Apache helo hovering 20 feet over the boat at 80 MPH. The pilot smiled/ gave him a thumbs up and lifted away.

I think the government/big brother is watching more than most believe.
The CG doesnt fly apache's,

Story sounds very fictional at best, Being stationed in Jax at NAS JAX, where US Customs flies out of as well as the US Navy P-3 Orion which also does drug Interdiction Missions.,
Old 08-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Registered

here are some friends of mine that were going for there weekly run and got harrased by the Balckhawk and after running with them for a while they(blackhawk guys) called customs out to bother them somemore...
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...hawk+two&hl=en

Last edited by lowblue320; 08-13-2008 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:44 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B

Story sounds very fictional at best, Being stationed in Jax at NAS JAX, where US Customs flies out of as well as the US Navy P-3 Orion which also does drug Interdiction Missions.,
I don't think most people can identify a helo. Maybe he saw one badazz helo and called it an apache...

OR MAYBE IT'S THE NEW "FLYING" APACHE MODEL BOAT!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by lowblue320
here are some friends of mine that were going for there weekly run and got harrased by the Balckhawk and after running with them for a while they(blackhawk guys) called customs out to bother them somemore...
If they had any balls they would've gone out Gov't Cut.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowblue320
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...hawk+two&hl=en
Just another DHS crew that was bored and wanted to jack with someone to break up the monotony... Your tax dollars at work.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Getting paced by an "official" chopper is pretty common on the Potomac River in DC. I had one come up so close over the sunpad one time that we could count the rivets, LITERALLY.

They were just smiling and hoping for a flash from my GF at the time.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete B

What are those loud/ fast orange choppers? It did happen since I was told the story by two different people on the boat. I am not an aviation expert so I wouldn't have questioned the type of chopper.

Quick Reply: Coast Guard snipers are targeting drug runners in go fast boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.