Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
47 GTX at National Liquidators........325K ask >

47 GTX at National Liquidators........325K ask

Notices

47 GTX at National Liquidators........325K ask

Old 08-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We aint too good for buck fity drinks at Port Carlos.....
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pkspx
was it a repo? what was the condition of it?
It was a repo in great shape. 84 hours, no codes, RPM history very good. (62 of those hours were idling), The cabin below still smelled new. No damage, no wear. Could have passd for a 2007 with no trouble.

As far as what it sold for: I never asked and nobody volunteered. It was well below low value with smaller engines, so it was a great deal for this buyer.

They are out there...just a matter of finding them.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Nice, the classic ol silver spoon comment. Way to make it personal, very creative. I didn't realize you knew so much about my family and the way I was raised? How do you find the time with all that internet boating you're doing?

Yeah everyone does like a deal, but you think everyone should be giving away their stuff because YOUR economy is bad. For YEARS you've been telling us about how everyones stuff is junk or overpriced, the market's not bottomed out yet, or some other excuse. Not everyone is broke and needs to dump their 07 Rough Rider for $80k, which I'm sure somehow still wouldn't be the "right deal".

I was not questioning anyone's financial ability to buy, just the fact it never happens, no matter how sweet the deal. You're the one that started this thread in GD touting these "sweet deals". Are you going to make a move on one?

And before you throw out another weak comment, there's no reason to get mad and try insulting me about my upbringing.
Wow I guess I hit a nerve with a subject you are familiar with! I don't know you but was actually just making a general comment that some believe on here that everyone is a mc'millionaire.

Last time I checked it isn't my economy that is bad it is the farmers to the blue collar factory worker that lost his union job. Not everyone has an oil well in the back forty acres to rely on for the next 30 years of income. It can't just be me when the last three poker runs I attended (Daytona, Jacksonville and Bahamas) were all down in attendance over previous years.

As far as boat pricing there are many on here that still think a 46 RR with 1075's is worth 550K when in reality they are struggling to pull 80% of that. There are plenty of great boats out there for killer deals and I was just pointing it out with the thread. The owner of this 47 GTX lives about 3 miles from my house. He was way upside down on the boat and chose to let it go. It needs the 100 hour service and a good cleanup but is still a nice machine. Am I going to buy it, nope. The insurance in S. FL is over 20K a year on that boat with windstorm, I can't afford the service intervals at $520 an hour (52K for 100 hours use).

I am a cheapskate by nature but then again I have earned every dollar I have so yes I will be the "bottom feeder" that tries to buy everything right. I have been to National Liquidators in person in the last 30 days looking at boats because honestly they have the best deals out there right now on several brands.

Brandon I didn't mean to offend you but most buyers today laugh at the 2006 prices most dealers/ individuals are asking for boats today. BTW the OSO boat was 299K for 6 months before my buddy went to the Ft Lauderdale show and stroked a check for it for 250K. Not bad for a mechanic/ pool chemical wholesaler from S. FL. He spoke to the dealer several times before getting the deal that made sense.

Guess bottom feeding pays off every once and awhile.......
Old 08-14-2008, 10:09 PM
Banned

Any of the bottom feeders gonna buy it? Nope.
pretty chitty choice in words....

You threw it, it got thrown back at you and you didnt like it or you didnt expect it?

Just a bad choice in words

Last edited by long duck dong; 08-14-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool 350k

I called today and was told the bank wants $350,000.00 for the boat.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by long duck dong
pretty chitty choice in words....

You threw it, it got thrown back at you and you didnt like it or you didnt expect it?

Just a bad choice in words
Bad choice of words? I don't think so. There are alot of bottom feeders/ a-holes wasting sellers time with no intention to purchase. Dreamers, if you may. They like to act like the big shot know it all with a unlimited check book, but in essence, know nothing and will buy nothing. Not knocking anyone particular here, just stating what I am seeing and hearing from dealers and sellers.
There are alot of overpriced boats and there are alot of good deals out there as well as alot of bottom feeders as well.

Last edited by pm203; 08-14-2008 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 02:26 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

Brandon I didn't mean to offend you but most buyers today laugh at the 2006 prices most dealers/ individuals are asking for boats today. BTW the OSO boat was 299K for 6 months before my buddy went to the Ft Lauderdale show and stroked a check for it for 250K. Not bad for a mechanic/ pool chemical wholesaler from S. FL. He spoke to the dealer several times before getting the deal that made sense.

Guess bottom feeding pays off every once and awhile.......
Alright man, at least you called me by name. I honestly appreciate that. Let's just keep it light, if that's alright. Yes, I take offense to loose assumptions from people that haven't had a beer with me.

Let me absolutely tell you I've NEVER had any issue with you. I may not always understand your point of view, but I NEVER have questioned your financial position, or desire to buy a boat. Hell man, it's your money, wait as long as you want! I just don't always think it's fair to assume someone's equipment isn't worth as much because you don't agree with a different appraisal.

Trust me, I can't wait until you do pull the trigger, and I know you will eventually, seriously. You're right, there ARE some killer boats out there for GREAT deals! Don't miss out on a nice one over a small amount like some of my buddies have......they're hating it right now.

Last edited by BLee; 08-15-2008 at 02:57 AM.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Trust me, I can't wait until you do pull the trigger, and I know you will eventually, seriously. You're right, there ARE some killer boats out there for GREAT deals! Don't miss out on a nice one over a small amount like some of my buddies have......they're hating it right now.
Best post on OSO right now, don't miss out a nice boat over a small amount........That is like the one that got away.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Among
any more info on the 47 GTX ? whats the real condidtion? anyone seen it in person? know what it needs ?

Surely you're not bored with your tt Ford GT and Viper? That GTX belongs parked next to your car collection.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

The guys on here that CAN stroke a check are the ones that COULD steal a deal.

Take note that they are the ones saying that STEALING one is a rare occurrence and not the rule.

I have been boatless for a LONG time(not my choice) but I choose to at least watch the market and only OCCASIONALLY comment.

WE all have a DREAM boat. It's just relative to your checkbook. I would kill for a sweet 388 or 40' MTI. Some guys want a big cuiser, and some want a Feadship.

However, like the housing market, you can do your best to time the market, but how many DIAMOND properties(or boats) will sell while you wait. Is it really worth another $5-10k to get your second choice?

Not to me. The point where my bank acct and the boat I really like are at a crossroads, I'm buying. I will not watch it go somewhere else over a few $k and miss more boating time.

Nothing wrong with trying to make a deal, and that doesn't make you a Dreamer, it's just better to pull the trigger sometimes.

Example. Does Dreamer need his old 28' Cig ? No. BLee need that cool 20' Cig? No. Just that they decided boating fun was more impotant than waiting on the NEXT deal.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Cash Bar; 08-16-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Quick Reply: 47 GTX at National Liquidators........325K ask

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.