Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Own a turd, buy Jim Darrs 40 skater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/193182-own-turd-buy-jim-darrs-40-skater.html)

WeaponX 08-13-2008 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by chromecat (Post 2653237)
Isn't that also the boat the was in az or somewhere on the west coast? and if I remember right, the controls and cables are in the open.

Same boat but the rigging is being fixed along with a bunch of other stuff.

dazzright81 08-13-2008 08:30 PM

A Skater a Turd, come on the boat is the most solid, best handling Cat I've been in, I've worked my rear off on adding glitter to it, Where are the moderators now, I paid my money on this ad just like everyone else here, but making comments on such a nice Skater is too much, I have been cool on here for quite some time now, and have had people posting impersonating me just to cause trouble, like the Chris Sunkin comments, damn sure was'nt me, fact. If you guys want to see how nice a boat it is just come to the shootout, I'll take you for a spin, If your not impressed, you weekend drinks are on me. I wanted to make Destin, but new owner of my Nortech is picking up boat tomorrow here in LOTO, Rob try to cool it please, Weapon you have a bet on that 114mph number, If I could get you on the sticks we'll turn some heads, and ears, motors are bad ass, Best I've owned, and yes Jass I'll take that bet that it breaks 114mph in the shootout, how much$ you got, Jim

offshoredrillin 08-13-2008 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by dazzright81 (Post 2653239)
A Skater a Turd, come on the boat is the most solid, best handling Cat I've been in, I've worked my rear off on adding glitter to it, Where are the moderators now, I paid my money on this ad just like everyone else here, but making comments on such a nice Skater is too much, I have been cool on here for quite some time now, and have had people posting impersonating me just to cause trouble, like the Chris Sunkin comments, damn sure was'nt me, fact. If you guys want to see how nice a boat it is just come to the shootout, I'll take you for a spin, If your not impressed, you weekend drinks are on me. I wanted to make Destin, but new owner of my Nortech is picking up boat tomorrow here in LOTO, Rob try to cool it please, Weapon you have a bet on that 114mph number, If I could get you on the sticks we'll turn some heads, and ears, motors are bad ass, Best I've owned, and yes Jass I'll take that bet that it breaks 114mph in the shootout, how much$ you got, Jim

you could go double or nothing on the money you owe him, plus interest...:rolleyes:

dazzright81 08-13-2008 09:45 PM

I'll take that bet, see ya at the shootout

bouyhunter 08-13-2008 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 2653265)
you could go double or nothing on the money you owe him, plus interest...:rolleyes:

Nice quote catch before it disapeared.

Also a good retort.

Jassman 08-14-2008 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by WeaponX (Post 2653235)
Which one?? And how much.:drink:

I bet the 400.00 Jim owes me that he will never run the Shoot Out in that boat..If he does, by some miricle, he can owe you the chump change:rolleyes:

I always check everything before I take a new boat out:readinghelp:

seafordguy 08-14-2008 07:10 AM

Is this guy for real? I mean does he actually own a skater?

Also - was he the one selling this 50V Nor-Tech??

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o21991-en.html

I swear I remember seeing the contact info say Jim Darr? Did he actually sell that boat? For a while the price was 150k??

Not that I could have bought the boat I was just curious if it was a REAL boat or just some pictures he got online....

RunninHotRacing163.1 08-14-2008 07:29 AM

[QUOTE=WeaponX;2653218]

I'm fairly sure it will make the Shootout....

Hey BIG Daddy So Santas elfs are pullin some all niters ??? who's motors ??? how do those #6s hold up under all that power ?:ernaehrung004: Place your bets

Jassman 08-14-2008 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2653384)
Is this guy for real? I mean does he actually own a skater?

Also - was he the one selling this 50V Nor-Tech??

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...o21991-en.html

I swear I remember seeing the contact info say Jim Darr? Did he actually sell that boat? For a while the price was 150k??

Not that I could have bought the boat I was just curious if it was a REAL boat or just some pictures he got online....

It was an older style 50, that needed some finish work at a good price for someone who wanted a large boat inexpensively. He had an 04 50 as well, but needed tlc, when I saw it, supposededly both are sold hence the Skater. The Skater he bought cheap, and now has to fix:evilb:....ah never mind...I'll let someone else finish this..lets have some fun today with this thread:food-smiley-007::grinser010:

offshoredrillin 08-14-2008 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2653382)
I bet the 400.00 Jim owes me that he will never run the Shoot Out in that boat..If he does, by some miricle, he can owe you the chump change:rolleyes:

I always check everything before I take a new boat out:readinghelp:

If anthony gets it all done he will run it...but none of that makes up for all the crap Jim has pulled on people...time wasted, email threats etc etc etc.