ahhhhh the do it yourselfer.....is there any other way ? working on my first..... all i can say is HELP !!! i think i got it bad.....
This one got the whole thing started before I discoverd boats.
We too started out "cheap" working on cars when we first were married in 72. "My" car is always a total. Right now I'm driving a wrangler that was rolled on the sanddunes in Texas.But the reason we switched to boats was definitely a "Male" thing . My husband seemed to think he could see more Bikini clad females in boats then he could ever see in car shows. Why would he think that?
First I bought a boat.........THEN:
* A Buffer,no no 4 Buffers I burned out the first 3 and finally bought a Milwalkee, Thing weighs a ton
* All new stainless steel snaps, can't have old ones dont you know
* Paint lots of paint for all those little things that might be faded./
* An 60 gallon air compressor to spray all that paint, cant use rattle can paint it will not last, Have to use the good stuff.
* A hand held buffer and statiuonary buffer.....boy is that fun
* S$!t loads of new stainless hardware
* The all important motor parts (Performance of course)
* I refuse to buy a sewing machine so I'll farm that one out.
* And th list goes on!!!!
Once it is done use it for one season, sell and lose you a$$, then get a bigger one! Tell your self I'm not an addict.
I love it! Hands on isnt for everybody but I enjoy it. I can do gelcoat, paint, motor work, drive work etc. Upholstery, I have'nt done it and I just hate paying for it. Greg
Heh we've been tossing around the industrial sewing machine talk lately. My old Singer doesn't have enough HP to go through 5 layers of vinyl. But YES the tools to do all the work with certainly do add up. We bought an electric DA so the compressor doesn't have to work so hard. Plus we use an 8" hogger instead of a 5"buffer for buffing and polishing (not for the weak muscled)
Alum Metal Fab
Custom Marine Sales
Dave's Custom Boats
Diamond Performance Parts
Double R Performance
Elton Porter Insurance
Fastboats Marine Group
GGB Exhaust Technologies
Grand Sports Center
Ilmor High Performance Marine
Lake Cumberland Marine
Lake Havasu Boat Show
Marine Technology Inc
McLeod Design Group
Performance Boat Center
Performance Marine Trading
Potter Performance Engines
Ron Sporl Performance
Speed and Custom Marine
Total Dollar Insurance
Teague Custom Marine
Wake Zone Marine Insurance
Young Performance Marine