Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   how to remove a beached boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/193277-how-remove-beached-boat.html)

BAJA WILL 08-15-2008 02:09 PM

I would love to know the full story on this.

My guess is some rich ass hole beached his nice boat, another rich *******, told him to get it off his beach, first ahole said I 'll do it when I ready, and second did it for him. I would be willing to bet it was him sitting on the chir watching!!!!!!:evilb:

WILL:ernaehrung004:

DollaBill 08-15-2008 02:19 PM

Thats how it's done on land when determined to a total loss. Stripped, drained of oil, gas, fluids etc and put to rest by a track hoe. I had it done to a really nice 46 Bertram at my marina that had too much glass damage on one side from a marina fire. Crazy to watch

Fast Algae 08-15-2008 02:22 PM

They can put it on ebay as a kit.

McGary911 08-15-2008 03:42 PM

I believe freeze frame got some pics of them doing this to a commercial fishing boat on the weekend of the last point pleasant race. I can't check, as that part of their site seems to be down right now. Bet Sharkey has some............

Powerquest230 08-15-2008 06:24 PM

Bet the real story is an interesting one- Wow :eek:

Pretty strange in the first picture the flybridge enclosure is all zipped up tight yet the salon doors and transom appear to be gone.

Wonder if the locals were telling the owner no problem mon :cool-smiley-027:

Jupiter Sunsation 08-15-2008 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Powerquest230 (Post 2654734)
Bet the real story is an interesting one- Wow :eek:

Pretty strange in the first picture the flybridge enclosure is all zipped up tight yet the salon doors and transom appear to be gone.

Well here it goes..........

A fellow named Jim Darr was demostrating the boat to another fellow named Big Scotty (who was retired from his professional sports career and looking for a cruiser for the Bahamas). This was no ordinary Sea Ray it had zero emission high performance diesels with ASD 10's and a secret hull step pioneered at Supercat Cove. First Mate Tripple Digits was on the lookout but the 100 ft rooster tail was too hypnotizing for him to stop watching. Jim was rattling off the benefits of the mystery diesels when suddenly they ran aground because Tripple Digits wasn't watching ahead. Now they are aground and Ratman and Duramaxx3500 were pissed that their headers/exhaust may have been damaged during their grounding and they wouldn't get them back. Reggie Fountain is the guy in the beach chair spying on the high performance trials since he had already been outdone by Bob The Builder's Mexican Race in his 50 Nortech diesel boat.

Now IB said they would take care of the grounding since they are a partner with Sea Tow and because everyone involved were members it would be taken care of immediately.

Sy Goldberg inadvertently excluded windstorm and Bahamas coverage from the policy since Jim told him the boat was going to be exclusively used at LOTO for the shootout as a pace boat for the event. Now that Tropical Storm Faye is on the way the locals wanted to get the boat off the beach as quickly as possible.

The doors are missing because they were ordered from Trick Marine and were to be installed by Marc Prinz of Precision Custom Marine out of N.C. Trick shipped them but Marc couldn't get them done in time for the sea trial since he was building some custom blower motors for a guy. Chris Sunkin thought the boat would handle the chop better if the eisenglass was all zippered up for upper air wind deflection.

The owner got a few offers on the boat from Customryder, Dreamer and the local recycling plant. The recycler had the high bid so he got the boat and took it away...........

Sydwayz was on the beach telling everyone Active Thunder was building a 48 Flybridge cruiser that had a patented hull to handle the extra power. Boatme was trying to sell the owner a plaque to remember the event. Jayboat was the guy that shot the pictures and Sharkey was still loading them on his site, stay tuned. Blume was trying to broker the boat and he would accept euros, dollars or even Bahamian money for the boat. Ed Cozzi was on hand to survey the boat for any potential buyer and MarineClean could buff out any scratches from the beaching.

How was that for a story? Any characters left out?

jdub 08-15-2008 07:27 PM

That was pretty good!

kubcat 08-15-2008 08:29 PM

:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:

thisistank 08-15-2008 08:38 PM

1.5 mil for that thing?

If you look at the first pic, that thing is burried and water is up and over the side on the starboard side.

The problem I see with pulling it off is it's not actually afloat anymore. Dragging that thing off the beach, it would just sink. Maybe it has some major damage on the starboard side.

On a side note, they took a 32' sailboat off the beach in front of our house that way a few months back. The owners couldn't afford to have it removed so the county did it for them (just like that).

Shawn D 08-15-2008 08:47 PM

This reminds me about the video of the beached dead whale some dumb shiz tried to blow up with explosives.:food-smiley-007::party-smiley-004: