Opinions needed? Cobalt 269 Condurre >

Opinions needed? Cobalt 269 Condurre

Notices

Opinions needed? Cobalt 269 Condurre

Old 08-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions needed? Cobalt 269 Condurre

For some time now my wife and I have thought about getting an older big boat for use on Lake of the Ozarks on busy weekends etc. We recently looked at a Condurre 269. Decent shape not perfect needs vinyl update on the interior and unfortunately still has the Alpha 1 drives? Price asking 17,899. We think that is over the top but the owner is negotiable. The boat has 500 hours on each side twin 350's according to the hour meters and the boat is a 1986. I have heard bad things about the Alpha drive especially old ones like this. They aren't in bad shape externally but internally may be another story. I also know these are heavy laid up boats and probably weigh more than similar sized boats of today.

If we got the boat and the drives gave up down the road, what would it cost to go to a Bravo One or Volvo Duoprop? Its a pretty solid boat and it might be worth saving and updating. I think with a little fiberglass work , buffing it could really look nice? I would have a survey done before purchasing to be sure hull and transom are good.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Registered

I'm assuming that you are referring to 1988 and prior production. The boat is rock solid and there is a thread on here specifically discussing how one person really did an amazing job on his. There are pics of him on the board basically was doing a "wheelie" with his boat, the bow straight up to the sky.

I was bidding on a 30ft Condurre on ebay in April, another good one. 17k is a high price, unless in really super condition.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:22 PM
Registered

Default Thanks for response

At the price they are at now its more of a pipe dream than anything. I have seen nicer condurres in NY with fresh smallies go for 11k to 12k with trailer.

I think if I could buy it for the right price it would be a great boat for us during the shootout, OSS, memorial, 4th, Labor day, etc. thats 5 weekends and the rest we can stick with our 2001 206 cobalt for family water activities.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:58 PM

I think there are better deals to be had in that price range. Tha alphas are fine behind a smallblock and are cheap to replace. Twins that aren't counter rotating tend to handle a litttle funny coming off of waves and such though.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:58 AM
Registered

Default Price

I talked to a sales man and he thinks the owner would go for something in the 12 to 14 range. Thats a little better but I still think its a little on the high side of the spectrum
Old 08-16-2008, 07:17 AM
jb
Registered

starters... the price is way too high... Id work as close to 10 as possible
Old 08-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Default Its funny you mention 10k

When we went and looked at the boat the little slick willy sales guy that was at the store at the time, with his gold chains with a little gold prop on one, and typical Know It all Piece of Turd attitude was avoiding every question that we had about the boat and when we mentioned they were seven thousand plus over book, he goes what book? I told him NADA he said oh we don't use that book we use bla bla book ( I don't remember what he said) I said well the NADA seems to be pretty accurate on our other boats. He goes Well , Well, they just don't know about these off shore boats I used to sell BAJA's and the books could be 10,000 dollars off on those. He pissed my wife off and pissed me off too! The boat is sitting with no charged batteries, its a shame they are doing so little to sell the boat.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

I know the salesman you are talking about and he screwed over a friend of mine on the sale of FourWinns. It went very bad. You need to try to talk to Kirk over there.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:34 PM
Registered

Default Twanger

Yeah, I spoke to a guy named Trey, he is a really , really nice guy and is a credit to their organization and if I could have planned it ahead he would have had the boat cleaned up and ready to look at. If you are talking about the Kirk I know that has been working their for years he is also a nice guy. The tweezle I spoke to could fit his knowledge in a nats azz and still have room for lunch.

I hate guys like that, know it all s. o. b. is hurting the sales more than helping them.

I doubt I will try to purchase the boat , my wife would like to have a big boat for the Ozarks but I don't think she is ready to drop 10 g's.