Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   125 mph vee (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/193306-125-mph-vee.html)

GT 08-15-2008 06:29 PM

125 mph vee

Hey guys, I thought you would find this entertaining. We have been working on a standard lay up Howard 28 Bullet out here on the West Coast for a couple months and we finally got to run it Tuesday. It has a 572 ci motor with a Whipple 5.0 liter sc. Heres a little video we made of it on Lake Havasu:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...70440251003528

Run_em_hard 08-15-2008 06:38 PM

Look really stable at those speeds.

GT 08-15-2008 07:55 PM

You know, it's very stable, unbelievably stable. I wouldnt want to run it that fast in 4+ footers like some of the East Coast guys do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kinda makes my kidneys hurt even thinking about doing that, but in 1,2, even 3 footers,,,,,,,,,its pretty fun and safe. Regardless, I figured you guys would get a kick out of the video and the boat. I do have some pics of the boat/engine too if anyone wants to see them.......

Run_em_hard 08-15-2008 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by GT (Post 2654784)
You know, it's very stable, unbelievably stable. I wouldnt want to run it that fast in 4+ footers like some of the East Coast guys do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kinda makes my kidneys hurt even thinking about doing that, but in 1,2, even 3 footers,,,,,,,,,its pretty fun and safe. Regardless, I figured you guys would get a kick out of the video and the boat. I do have some pics of the boat/engine too if anyone wants to see them.......

I am sure that there are plenty of us that would love to see some pictures. That is one awesome ride, bet it gets alot of attention in the channel.

socalstone 08-15-2008 08:36 PM

That is bad azz. What drive? prop? etc...

thisistank 08-15-2008 08:43 PM

Gary, is that Steves boat or your boat? I know they look similar.

Howard, hands down, builds the tightest westcoast performance boat. All custom, hand built.

I'm awaiting the new 36' Howard numbers!!

GT 08-15-2008 09:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Tank,

Its neither of ours. It belongs to a customer in New Mexico that brought me the boat on July 1st. When he delivered it, it ran 84 mph,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now it runs 125, Although, it will live most of its life with the pump gas tune up and 9 lbs of boost running 115 at WOT. We just wanted to see how the boat felt if we hopped it up a bit. It did hit the rev limiter, so I am a bit afraid it might be faster than mine if we raised the rev limiter and put my trusty 36 lab on it.......I dont really want to know that bad:mad:
The drive is a billet Max Machine Worx set up, with a 1.35gr and a 30 lab on pump gas, and a 35 lab with a little more boost and 110 octane. It will turn 6400 rpm.

The whole deal with this boat was that the customer wanted a solid pump gas triple digit Howard 28 at above 6000' elevation where he lives. He has it at home now, I am looking forward to him running it up in NM.

Stu 08-15-2008 10:18 PM

That Howard is absolutely stunning.

thisistank 08-16-2008 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by GT (Post 2654855)
Tank,

Its neither of ours. It belongs to a customer in New Mexico that brought me the boat on July 1st. When he delivered it, it ran 84 mph,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now it runs 125, Although, it will live most of its life with the pump gas tune up and 9 lbs of boost running 115 at WOT. We just wanted to see how the boat felt if we hopped it up a bit. It did hit the rev limiter, so I am a bit afraid it might be faster than mine if we raised the rev limiter and put my trusty 36 lab on it.......I dont really want to know that bad:mad:
The drive is a billet Max Machine Worx set up, with a 1.35gr and a 30 lab on pump gas, and a 35 lab with a little more boost and 110 octane. It will turn 6400 rpm.

The whole deal with this boat was that the customer wanted a solid pump gas triple digit Howard 28 at above 6000' elevation where he lives. He has it at home now, I am looking forward to him running it up in NM.

Great job. Looks and runs awesome! Congrats on another of your long line of killer running Howards:drink: