Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   F1 racers that are racing SBI (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19348-f1-racers-racing-sbi.html)

scottf1-57 03-05-2002 07:21 PM

I don't have an old "A" boat, with moving mounts or a box. I can't afford
it, I was wanting to run both: but don't want to finish the fool. I'm not
sure why there are less rules maybe because Merc is making so many
new products.

TYPHOON 03-05-2002 07:31 PM

Scott I am sorry,I thought you were Scott Hodam with the progression F-1 boat. Which boat do you run?You can still call me,sorry again
Randy

Xtremeracing 03-05-2002 08:52 PM

Randy, I believe more the half of the field last year in APBA was running better then 82 mph. I know for a fact that the Chics were and for sure the new Velocity VR1. Also the new Activator was running away with the last few races,he was running very well and just making weight....

Xtremeracing 03-05-2002 09:12 PM

Most important is that we all know that the fastest boat doesnt win the race. I dont know of a race in F1 last year that the winner had an average speed better then 73 mph. So when the smoke clears do you really think that all the changes that SBI permitts will really make a difference. Also how many boats do you really think will make any major changes to they're setup.Most of the guys would still want to try and run a few APBA races.The main reason i would run in SBI this year is I think they have better race sites,APBA blow it and they're schedule sucks, they lost Sarasota, and Ft.Myers,Its much better for me to run Florida....

Ron P 03-05-2002 09:32 PM

Randy, just bring a few extra sponges to the SBI races for after the race wash downs.

TYPHOON 03-06-2002 12:30 PM

I'll hope at the OPA races no new boats show,but we will see.I realy enjoy racing with OPA they are a great bunch to work with and I am not trying bash anyone.I am confused:confused:

let me give you all some numbers to work with. boat A travels at 2mph faster than boat B,at the end of the 60 mile race boat A is 2 miles ahead of boat B.You cant even see boat A from 2 miles away!If you think thats fun to watch trust me knowone is on the edge of there seat.
Randy

WE RACE EVERY RACE TO WIN!

scottf1-57 03-06-2002 07:32 PM

I want only to race and win being new; who,what is OPA ?
Randy not all teams can run at there top speed for what whatever
reason, set up, seas, and of course the start.

Ron P 03-06-2002 07:39 PM

OPA is the NE divisional series of SBI. See www.njoffshore.com or www.superboat.com for thier race schedule.

TYPHOON 03-07-2002 10:57 AM

Scott if you are new to racing F-1 you will learn real quick that a boat with a 1 mph advantage over you will win most of the time with the right team.The fastest boat doesant always win because of the crew in it.F-1 has some of the best teams you will ever race against.Best of luck this year.
Randy

Xtremeracing 03-12-2002 10:36 PM

Looks like APBA is going to have a good turn out in ST. Cloud.

Does anyone know if OPBRA is going to be involved with APBA or SBI?