Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What's Your Countdown?... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/19351-whats-your-countdown.html)

mlitefan 03-04-2002 02:19 PM

Rick..I did go out there and look at the new boat and that is a sweet ride! I also joined the RPBA and haven’t had a chance to meet everyone yet as my travel schedule has really sucked over the last few months. I have e-mailed cignifigant several times and that whole group has been a wealth of information.

I will be on site 198 for the Memorial weekend and look forward to seeing you guys.

btw...after two years of research, I am moving forward on a re-power for the Vindicator. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. For some reason, I like that ole boat!

Reckless32 03-04-2002 02:36 PM

Good luck mlitefan, and yes I was impressed with the "ole boat" as well and still remember our first meeting on the water very vividly. We still talk about the guy who was always blasting out of the cove at Kerr reservoir.... ;)

Hopefully you'll get a chance to hang with the RPBA a lot this summer. Cignificant and other are great people and a blast to be around. We (HRPA) plan on running to the Sand-Pits on a few occasions, Chippokes Plantation anchorages and run their poker run in June. They, hopefully, will run in ours come 2-4 August. Some of us are looking to run the SML run too in May. Either way, stay in touch and check out our website for Hampton Roads Powerboat Association and join as well, it's FREE! you just might recognize one or two of us....:cool:

BTW, what are you repowering to?...

Rick
www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html

Airpacker 03-04-2002 05:37 PM

If I get lucky,the lake will thaw out in the next 4 to 6 weeks,then I can think about launching

Gizmo 03-04-2002 06:29 PM

National weather service is calling for mid 60's to 70 here this coming Saturday. Will decide for sure later this week, but right now I'm shooting for first splash then. Even if it's just a short run down the river. Been cooped up too long. :D

Shorgasm 03-04-2002 06:35 PM

Ya know what...this is crap........pure and simple crap!

Sunday.....it's wet but 87Degree's.........and now.......God gawd a Balmy 50............WTF man........this has happened every weekend for us......:mad: :mad: :rolleyes:

29 OUTLAW 03-04-2002 07:31 PM

Last year I was out on 06 March. Then about 4-5 weeks went by before the weather allowed me out again. Seems to happen that way every year.

Griff 03-04-2002 08:42 PM

40 loooooong days away........as long as mother nature cooperates.

Reckless32 03-05-2002 01:19 PM

Forecast Saturday calls for 70 and clear skies for Va Beach! Who's gonna splash fella's?....

Rick

cuda 03-05-2002 02:43 PM

Hmmmm, let's see, today is Tuesday, I guess I'll have to wait 3 more days until saturday. I would have gone last weekend, but Saturday it was near 80 degrees, with the wind howling from the south at 40 or so. Sunday was also windy as heck. Yesterday, the wind was howling from the north, and the temp was down in the 30's last night. This is the strangest weather I can remember having in 31 years I have lived here.

Reckless32 03-05-2002 04:25 PM

My philosophy is...if opportunity knocks, open the door!

:D

Rick